Nov 1, 2011

Teaser: The Year Everything Changed by Georgia Brokoven


The Year Everything Changed: A Novel by Georgia Bockoven
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks; August 23, 2011
Genre: contemporary women's fiction

Long repressed pain and anger flared through her like flames through a summer-parched forest. He was summoning her as if she were supposed to care that he was dying?

"Well, I don't," she said. "As far as I'm concerned, old man, you died a long time ago."
(ch. 5)
Book description: Four sisters who never knew the others existed will find strength, love, and answers when they come together around their father's deathbed. Georgia Bockoven is an award-winning author of The Beach House and Another Summer. She lives in Northern California.

Teaser Tuesdays asks you to choose sentences at random from your current read. Identify the author and title for readers.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this teaser! So much obvious emotion and anger in that one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I definitely need to check this one out - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays-awake-at-dawn-by-c-c.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is definitely my kind of book! Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY TT POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an emotionally charged read. Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. I might enjoy this read.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - that is some potent writing! I love the title too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Harvee. I am new to your blog. I've been seeing your name a lot recently, and decided to visit.

    Terrific teaser! This sounds like a very good book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow...that's an awesome teaser! I have that book!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...