Jan 25, 2016

Book Feature: No Cats Allowed by Miranda James

Visit Mailbox Monday, and Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Visit It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Book Date. 

I am scheduled for a book review of this mystery, organized by the publisher. 
No Cats Allowed (Cat in the Stacks #7) by Miranda James, published February 23, 2016 by Berkley.

Librarian Charlie Harris and his Maine Coon cat Diesel must clear a friend when the evidence is stacked against her…

Setting: Mississippi library

Cause for murder: The victim, library director Elwyn Dillard, is declaring all four-legged creatures banned from the stacks, among other things.....Is this the reason he is killed? 

Innocent suspect to be cleared: Melba, Charlie's good friend

Opening sentences: 
"He's out there again today, Charlie," Molly Gilley made the announcement as she strode hurriedly into my office at the Athena College Library. "Do you think we should call the campus police?"
Teaser:
Diesel, my Maine Coon cat, jumped down from his perch on the window ledge behind my desk and ambled around to greet Melba. The two adored each other, and if anyone could calm Malba down, Diesel could. 
This is the seventh in the series, featuring librarian Charlie Harris and his Maine coon cat, Diesel. 

Are you a cat and mystery lover? This series is for you!

Thanks to publisher for a review/feature copy of this book. 

13 comments:

  1. Loving cozy mysteries again lately. Especially the ones set in bookstores or libraries. Enjoy! Here are
    MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting Black Dahlia, by James Ellroy today, and it's a mystery. It's a genre I don't read a lot of, so I'm excited to mix things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, Black Dahlia is not only mystery, but heavy crime fiction. I read a really amazing crime novel where the author used that story and other thrillers in such an ingenuous way in his own novel: http://wordsandpeace.com/2014/12/04/book-review-irene-i-love-france-124/

      Delete
  3. I need really to look at mysteries set in libraries! my post: http://wordsandpeace.com/2016/01/24/sunday-post-18-1242016/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cover. Enjoy your read.

    Theresa (The Truth About Books)
    My Mailbox Monday here

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Cats Allowed looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound like fun (in spite of the cat ban). Enjoy, Harvee! I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a cute cozy!!

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a fun, cozy mystery series. I'll check it out on GR. Thank you for stopping by my Monday post by my 11 year old.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...