May 9, 2016

Summer Books 2016

Visit Mailbox Monday and It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Book Date. 

It was a beautiful Mother's Day yesterday, with sun, blue skies, and perfect weather for sitting and walking outside. This guy thought so too, and appeared again this morning in the grass.

A few new books for review/feature:
The Bones of Grace by Tahmima Anam, to be released June 28, 2016 by HarperCollins.
On the eve of her departure from Boston, Zubaida Haque falls in love with Elijah Strong. But when fate sends her back to her hometown, she’s married to her childhood best friend and settled into a traditional Bangladeshi life. To escape familial constraints, she moves to Chittagong to help make a documentary film about the infamous shipbreaking beaches, where ships are destroyed and their various parts put up for sale. (goodreads)
The Nordic Theory of Everything: In Search of a Better Life by Anu Partanen, to be released June 28, 2016 by Harper
A Finnish journalist, now a naturalized American citizen, asks Americans to draw on elements of the Nordic way of life to nurture a fairer, happier, more secure, and less stressful society for themselves and their children.
Sunshine Beach by Wendy Wax, to be released June 21by Berkley
Three women join forces to bring a historic seaside hotel back to life…

What are you reading this week? 

9 comments:

  1. Yesterday was nice in my area too. I'm looking forward to the new Wendy Wax book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather was beautiful here too, and I keep seeing rabbits in my yard as well! Interesting reading list, especially the Nordic Way of Life book. I'll be watching for that one.
    Here's my reading list for the week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/what-im-reading-may-9-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Bones of Grace had a cover which immediately made me gasp ("How beautiful!") and then the description went on to entice me further. That sounds like a fantastic book, right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all sound good, especially Sunshine Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Nordic Theory of Everything sounds like it would be a really interesting read.

    Happy reading!!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Sunshine Beach makes me want to be by the water! What a nice cover. And The Nordic Theory of Everything looks interesting, I've heard the Scandinavian countries do a lot of things well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great spring picture.

    The Bones of Grace sounds very good. Cultural interactions can often make for great fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have rabbits everywhere. LOL I think they live under the neighbors deck behind their house. I love Wendy Wax's books. And the Nordic Life one intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had beautiful weather too.

    Nice mailbox.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...