Jul 12, 2016

First Chapter: Gone With the Wool by Betty Hechtman

The colorful book cover of this cozy mystery caught my eye right away - butterflies, a cat, and a basket of yarn!
Gone with the WoolA Yarn Retreat Mystery by Betty Hechtman, published July 5, 2016
Every October, thousands of monarch butterflies flock to California’s Monterey Peninsula to spend the winter. Cadbury by the Sea holds a week long festival with a butterfly queen and her court. 
Casey Feldstein finds herself fluttering back and forth between setting up a yarn retreat, baking and helping out at the festival. But when a former butterfly queen is found dead after a Bless the Butterflies service, Casey must hook a killer with a score to settle.

First paragraph:
Why hadn't I realized this problem before?
The bright red tote bag with Yarn2Go emblazoned on the front fell over as I tried to cram in the long knitting loom for my upcoming yarn retreat. My selection of round looms rolled across the floor before falling flat. The other long looms scattered at my feet. Julius, my black cat, watched from his spot on the leather love seat in the room I called my office as I gathered up the odd-looking pieces of equipment. 

Based on the first paragraphs, would you read on?


Every Tuesday First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros are hosted by Bibliophile By the Sea. Share the first paragraph sometimes two, of a book you are reading or plan to read soon.  

6 comments:

  1. Love cozy books. So I would definitely read. Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy it. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it will be fun. I love how the cat just sits there and watches. :-) I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would read more. I like a good cozy mystery. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good story. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a super clever cozy to cuddle up with!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...