Oct 22, 2017

Sunday Salon: Autumn and Winter Books



Autumn and Christmas cozies came in, setting the mood for the seasons, plus an historical literary thriller, set in post-WWII Europe. Here are the enchanting covers plus brief descriptions by the publishers.

A Late Frost by Sheila Connolly, November 7, 2017, courtesy of Berkley
Genre: cozy mystery
A story of orchard owner Meg and the search for a poisoner, in a small town in Massachusetts.

Not a Creature Was Purring (Paws and Claws Mystery #5)
Not a Creature Was Purring by Krista Davis, November 7, 2017, courtesy of Berkley
Inn owner Holly Miller finds it ruff staying cheerful over the holidays when the dead body of a beloved businessman turns up in the pet-friendly town of Wagtail, Virginia.

Just love the cover of this one:
Potions and Pastries by Bailey Cates, November 7, 2017, courtesy of Berkley
Magical baker Katie Lightfoot makes enchanted treats—and faces more than her fair share of toil and trouble.... 

And add a literary thriller,
Displaced by Stephan Abarbanell, November 7, 2017,  proof courtesy of Harper
British-occupied Palestine, 1946: Elderly writer Elias Lind isn’t convinced by reports that his scientist brother, Raphael, died in a concentration camp. Too frail to search for Raphael himself, Elias persuades a contact in the Jewish resistance to send someone in his place. The suspense begins. 

In other book news, I finished several ebooks and books last week:

Maman a Tort, a thriller in French by Michel Bussi, five enthusiastic stars!
Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak, a five star holiday read, contemporary fiction.
My Life With Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Books of Books, Plot Ensues by Pamela Paul, June 13, 2017, Henry Holt 
Imagine keeping a record of every book you’ve ever read. What would this reading trajectory say about you? With passion, humor, and insight, the editor of The New York Times Book Review shares the stories that have shaped her life.

Click on the book titles to see what I said about the books on goodreads! My mini reviews!

I have just started

Rebellion by Molly Patterson, August 8, 2017, proof courtesy of Harper
The  cross-generational stories of four women who dare to challenge the boundaries of their circumscribed lives

What are you reading this week?
Visit The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also visit It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Book Date Also visit Mailbox Monday..

27 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Life with Bob, but I am crazy about books-about-books. Love the covers, especially the book about the magical baker.

    Hope you have a lovely week!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/10/can-you-read-for-24-hours-no-neither.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Life with Bob an amazing book? I'm setting up my own Book on Books using her system!

      Delete
  2. I've actually finished up quite a few books in Dewey's yesterday, so that leaves me with Library At Mount Char right now :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a fast reader, and one with a lot of stamina! Congrats

      Delete
  3. I have read a couple of Sheila Connolly's books in the County Cork series. Now I am eyeing this apple orchard one, which I saw on another blog too. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am enjoying fall apples from our local farm, so Connolly's new book is timely!

      Delete
  4. These covers are enchanting! Enjoy your books, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You are following the series! I have to read this one!

      Delete
  6. They look great. I hope you’re enjoying the one you’re currently reading. Have a wonderful week. 😁❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could use a good cozy in my life right about now. Great looking stack of books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect timing for the cozies arrival. Love the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like some good cozies -- perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice assortment of books. I have been enjoying a few cozies lately. They always have such clever titles. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the Sheila Connolly and I'm so excited! It's one of my absolute favorite cozy series. Potions and Pastries tempted me but I resisted which I'm currently regretting! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Late Frost look good.

    ENJOY all of your books, Harvee.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it will really be a late frost for us this year!

      Delete
  13. Your cozies all look good but I especially like the looks of Not a Creature Was Purring. My Life with Bob sounds interesting! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Life with Bob is a great book for bibliophiles and book lovers. Yes, the Xmas cozy does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the titles and the covers! all good.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...