Oct 19, 2019

Sunday Salon: Memoirs and Cozies

First in a new mystery series:

Poppy Redfern and the Midnight Murders (A Woman of WWII Mystery #1)

Poppy Redfern and the Midnight Murders by

Tessa Arlen, November 5, 2019, Berkley.
Genre: WWII historical mystery series, with Air Raid Warden and sleuth Poppy Redfern.
Location: Remote English village, 1942

Four cozy mysteries:

Mumbo Gumbo Murder (A Scrapbooking Mystery #16)

Mumbo Gumbo Murder: A New Orleans Scrapbooking Mystery

by Laura Childs, October 1, 2019, Berkley Books
Carmela and Ava solve a murder during Jazz Fest in New Orleans


The Chocolate Shark Shenanigans

The Chocolate Shark Shenanigans by JoAnna Carl,

November 5, 2019, Berkley Books. 
House flipping turns deadly in this Chocoholic Mystery.

City of Scoundrels (Counterfeit Lady, #3)

City of Scoundrels by Victoria Thompson

November 5, 2019, Berkley
Historical mystery set during the Great War.

A psychological thriller:

The Nanny

The Nanny by Gilly Macmillan, September 10, 2019, William Morrow

A seven-year-old grows up wondering why her nanny left without a trace, and why. 


Current library books:

The Right Sort of Man (Sparks & Bainbridge Mystery #1)
The Ungrateful Refugee
The Ungrateful Refugee

This is How I Save My Life: A True Story of Finding Everything When You are Willing to Try Anything

This Is How I Save My Life by Amy B. Scher, April 10, 2018, Gallery Books

Genre: memoir of a woman who travels from California to India in search of a life saving medical procedure to cure her Lyme disease.

What have you been reading this month?

Memes: 
The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also,  It's Monday: What Are You ReadingMailbox Monday and the Sunday Salon

14 comments:

  1. Fun looking books! I think Poppy Redfern looks good, and I liked Tessa Arlen's first book (the only one I've read so far). I've been meaning to read more.

    The Chocolate Shark shenanigans looks like a lot of fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody writes books that you can just relax into better than mystery writers. Mystery writers have the best covers and the best book titles, too, I think. I love the name Poppy Redfern. That's a name I'd choose for myself.

    I'm starting to collect titles for Nonfiction November which is just around the corner. You have several books that look like they'd be great for that event. I will look for The Ungrateful Refugee and This is How I Save My Life.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Poppy Fedfern book looks like fun. I enjoyed The Nanny.

    Have a great week, and thanks for sharing.

    Here are Weekly Updates


    ReplyDelete
  4. I've requested the Redfern book but doubt I will get it. I think its very popular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your books look like great reads. I especially love the cover of the first book. Historical mysteries are fun and intriguing because it'd good old-fashioned mysteries without the tech help of the modern world. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great selection of books this week, so many great mysteries to enjoy.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cozy mysteries look wonderful... it's been too long since I last read one. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking assortment of books. I liked Poppy Redfern a lot. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. City of Scoundrels caught my eye. Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have quite an assortment of titles....they all look good.

    ENJOY the books and your week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice mailbox! I like the looks of several of these especially Poppy Redfern and The Right Sort of Man.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the cover art for the Redfern novel. Not too "cheesy" but gives you a good idea of the atmopshere of the period

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...