Jun 28, 2020

Sunday Salon: Lantern Men and Three Souls

Weather

The humidity at 4 a.m. this morning was 94 degrees outside. My bad knee complained and woke me up! I haven't been back to sleep, trying this and that to calm my agitated knee and have just applied a rub that heats up the muscles.

Books

I am now reading Elly Griffith's latest in the Ruth Galloway, forensic archaeologist, series set in Norfolk and Cambridge, U.K. It's excellent reading for mystery lovers.
The Lantern Men (Ruth Galloway #12)

The Lantern Men, June 16, 2020

I'm also reading Three Souls, a novel set in the Shanghai of 1935 during the war with Japan, as told by a woman who has just died and remains a ghost with a mission to be completed before she can enter the afterlife.  

 Three Souls by Janie Chang , August 2013


All my current reads are e-books, since the libraries have not yet fully reopened. I am also now into audiobooks! 


What are you reading this week?

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday Salon

13 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your knee is giving you trouble. I didn't realize that high humidity can trigger muscle pain. I hope you are able to get some relief.

    Lantern Men and Three Souls both look like books that are compelling reads. I like a book that I can't help but keep reading, especially now in these days of distraction.

    I wouldn't be surprised if our curbside shuts down. Our numbers have been crazy since Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The humidity is high here in Dubai too. I am guessing you are living near one of those deserts too. Stay safe and hope your knee feels better,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to catch up on the Ruth Galloway series. This latest looks so good! Enjoy, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your knee! I fell on my left knee years ago and then again a few years ago and it's bothered me on and off since.

    It's humid in Florida too and I haven't been able to stand the humidity for a few years. I much prefer fall and winter.

    I love the cover of Three Souls, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a few beautiful days and now the humidity is back in Phila too - The Three Souls book looks really interesting to me. Are you liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s midwinter and cold here which has meant I’ve needed heat rub for my shoulder because my muscles are stiff, my knee only plays up when it rains :)

    Wishing you a great reading week, and cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about your knee issues. I think CBD Oil helps me. I get the type with no THC in it. I also use CBD freeze when my joints get really achy. Hope you can find some peace from joint pain, which is the worst. My Sunday Salon is full of good news

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the knee improves quickly. I like the books listed especially Three Souls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is humid! Wow. Hope your knee is feeling better soon and the heat dies down some.

    Love the look of that first book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the knee improves.
    I have requested the Griffiths book from Netgalley and hope I eventually get it. It is just up my street! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three Souls sound amazing!

    Hope your knee gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope your knee stops complaining soon. I've been reading a lot of audiobooks lately too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The humidity is bad here too. I break into a sweat just walking around the house (I don't use the air conditioner). I've listened to a bunch of audiobooks this month.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...