Jul 6, 2020

It's Monday: Contemporary Fiction

I have gone back to a monthly subscription for ebooks, Kindle Unlimited, a wide selection of books that suit my reading tastes just fine. I've found books I would not normally have chosen to read, ones outside of my usual genres.

Just finished a contemporary fiction/romance, Sorry I Missed You by Suzy Krause,  recently published. Enjoyed it. 

Sorry I Missed You

Sorry I Missed You 


Next, I'll be reading Krause's first book, Valencia and Valentinepublished June 2019.
Valencia and Valentine
Valencia and Valentine
This one is about a 35-year-old Valencia who's afraid of flying, and Mrs. Valentine, a lonely, elderly woman desperate for company.  I'm interested to see how their stories intersect. 

For more serious subject matter, I'm reading historical fiction, 
The Library of Legends by Janie Chang, set in China 1937
The Night Tiger by Yangtze Choo, set in 1930s Malaysia

What are you reading this week?

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday Salon


6 comments:

  1. Had I gone much longer without my library I might have gone with a subscription service. I don't read every book that comes my way. I need to have a lot of books to be able to select some that fit me. The library doesn't care whether I read all the books I check out. You should tell us more about the service in upcoming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've got Valencia & Valentine on my kindle... will look forward to your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love stories with some elderly characters. thanks for blogging about V & V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have reminded me thatI must go choose my Kindle freebie for the month.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't yet tried Kindle Unlimited...but I'm now intrigued.

    Enjoy your books, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been getting used to reading more e-books (downloaded through the library) than print books lately, but miss having a new stack of library books to choose from.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...