Aug 1, 2020

Sunday Salon: Paris Is Always a Good Idea by Jenn McKinlay

Paris Is Always a Good Idea

I have never appreciated books so much as this year, a difficult year on so many counts. I've finished re-reading 

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles


for our book club next week, and I got so much more from reading the novel the second time around. I'm looking forward to our discussion as there are so many topics to cover from this one book.

Themes include dealing with forced isolation or self-isolation. "Mastering your circumstances" instead of having them master you. I thought that's appropriate for these days, though the book was written several years ago.

===================

A less serious novel caught my attention. Paris is always a good idea, I'd agree! This is one of my current reads. 

 Paris Is Always a Good Idea by Jenn McKinlay
Published July 21, 2020, Berkley
Genre; romance, contemporary fiction

What are you reading this week?

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday Salon

13 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Paris Is Always a Good Idea so I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved "A Gentleman in Moscow," blogged it here: https://maefood.blogspot.com/2017/07/a-gentleman-in-moscow.html

    I agree that Paris is a good idea. A bunch of bloggers just finished "Paris in July" where we explored all kinds of Paris culture, books, food, etc.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed A Gentleman from Moscow. I think I'd reread it at some point as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rereading is such an odd thing for me. I almost always get more out of a book when I reread it. But I almost never reread. I think sometimes of spending an entire year just rereading books I've already read. No new books. That would be a delight, I think.

    I'm eager to hear what you think of Paris is Always a Good Idea. I'd hoped to read that one last month during Paris in July, but I didn't. Maybe next July.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not the biggest fan of re-reads. But for Book Club, it happens every now and then yes! I still need to read A Gentleman in Moscow. It's on my Audible library.

    I hope that Paris is always a good idea, proof to be a good idea!

    Happy reading and here's my The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Gentleman in Moscow is on my list. Looking forward to reading it. Yes, I am reading so much more during the Pandemic since I certainly have the time. I've also watched a lot more Netflix as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't thought of A Gentleman in Moscow in comparison to our situation but now that I think of it. You are right. Good idea for a reread. Maybe i'd feel less antsy. Stay safe. Please join me for some good news of the week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paris Is Always a Good Idea looks like one I must add to my list. Thanks for sharing, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve been thinking of rereading A Gentleman in Moscow again myself. I can totally see you getting more out of it the second time through...what a great book. Wish I could come to your book club discussion. ��

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Gentleman in Moscow is on my must read eventually list!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Meredith, I sent you info on our book club, sent it to your messages on FB, with librarian's contact info. I'd love to have you join. Best to reach her by email as I don't know her hours at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paris is always a good idea sounds idyllic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Paris is always a good idea looks lovely, such a nice cover too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...