Mar 28, 2021

Sunday Salon: New Reads

 Recently finished:

Central Park by Guillaume Musso, March 16, 2021 by Bay Back Books.

Genre: thriller, mystery

Source: Netgalley

The book is not what it seems. A Parisian detective wakes us handcuffed to a musician from Dublin, in Central Park, NY. How they got there, seemingly overnight, and why, are questions they set about finding the answer to. There is no question of going to the local police as the Parisian finds herself covered in blood though she herself is uninjured. Also, she is carrying an unknown gun. They decide to find answers on their own.

There follows a set of adventures of discovery and mystery, with a complete twist at the end that is totally unexpected. 

I gave this tantalizing thriller four stars, for the plot alone.

  

New books from Netgalley, to be read:

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig, September 29, 2020, Viking.

Genre: fantasy

Somewhere out beyond the edge of the universe there is a library that contains an infinite number of books, each one the story of another reality.

Thief of Souls by Brian Klingborg, May 4, 2021, Minotaur

Genre: police procedural set in Northern China

Only Inspector Lu Fei, living in exile in the small town, seems  interested in justice for a murder victim.

What are you reading this week? 

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday Salon

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some good books. Hope you enjoy them! Have a great week!
    Lisa Loves Literature's Weekly Wrap-Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Midnight Library. A bit of a spoiler....so skip the next paragraph if you haven't gotten to the end....




    It was a good reminder that we shouldn't spend our lives wishing for what we didn't get, as that might not work out as well as what we have.






    I think I'd read anything by Matt Haig after I read Reasons to Stay Alive. I'm waiting now to read his latest nonfiction, Notes on a Nervous Planet.

    I like the look of Thief of Souls, too. Interesting setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read another review on Central Park a couple of days ago and tried to get an eGalley but, it had already been released I guess. I'll check at some point if the library. Glad you enjoyed it. I was hoping I'd like Midnight Library a bit more than I did. It was good but could have been better IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read my copy of The Midnight Library...and soon I will read Thief of Souls, as I have the NetGalley ARC.

    Enjoy your books, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books are all new to me, they look great! Hope you enjoy your upcoming reads! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great assortment of books! Thief of Souls is on my stack too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Central Park looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The premise of Central Park sounds unusual

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like some good reads lately. Central Park sounds intriguing! I've been wanting to read The Midnight Library for a while....I'm on my local library's waiting list. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...