Sep 13, 2021

I Thought You Said This Would Work by Ann Garvin: Sunday Salon

 The title of this book  made me choose it, and I'm not disappointed so far.


I Thought You Said This Would Work by Ann Garvin

Published May 1, 2021, Lake Union Publishing

Genre: contemporary fiction, humor

Source: ebook 

Three women are off in a broken down camper, driving cross country on an errand for their friend Karen, who is undergoing cancer treatment. The goal? Bring back Karen's beloved diabetic Great Pyrenees dog from LA to her bedside in Wisconsin. Karen's ex has already shipped the unwanted giant dog to a rescue center in Utah and the three women must travel to Utah, find the dog and bring him to Karen, who needs him as her therapy pet. The dog needs insulin shots regularly, so putting him in a crate in the belly of a plane, to fly to Wisconsin, is out of the question. 

What's the novel's interest besides this unusual quest? The three women are not compatible, two of them are barely talking to each other, and the third is a new LA friend who has hopped on for the ride. But their getting along is crucial on the trip. The situation calls for either comedy or tragedy and the book is hilarious so far.


What book is keeping you up this week? 

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday Salon

6 comments:

  1. Title makes me think of someone very very young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun read, enjoy!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am intrigued! Thanks for sharing, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Women traveling across the country -- that's become kind of a genre in itself, hasn't it? I wonder how many really do it. The real women depicted in the book Nomadland (as opposed to the movie) did it, and it was actually kind of grim. Nice review!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this book. There's something wonderful about books that center on a road trip, and books that center on a quest. I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting, I hope you enjoy it :) Have a great week. My link if you would like to stop by: https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2021/09/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-2.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...