Oct 9, 2021

Sunday Salon: My Mailbox

My mailbox has begun to see some action again!
Florence Adler Swims Forever by Rachel Beanland
Published June 1, 2021; Simon & Schuster
Genre: historical fiction
Source: Wiley Sachek Publicity

Over the course of one summer that begins with a shocking tragedy, three generations of the Adler family grapple with heartbreak, romance, and the weight of family secrets in this stunning debut novel (publisher)


My Annihilation by Fuminori Nakamura
Publication: January 11, 2022, Soho Crime
Genre: literary noir
Source: advance uncopyedited edition from Soho Press

With My Annihilation, Fuminori Nakamura, master of literary noir, has constructed a puzzle box of a narrative in the form of a confessional diary that implicates its reader in a heinous crime. (publisher)




People Like Them by Samira Sedira
Published July 8, 2021, Raven Books, Bloomsbury
Genre: psychological suspense
Source: advance uncorrected proof, won from France Book Tours

(I)ntense psychological suspense novel inspired by a true story about a couple in an insular French village whose lives are upended when a family of outsiders moves in. (publisher)

I browsed the first pages of Florence Adler Swims Forever and am captivated. It will be first on my list after my current reads are done. 
Nakamura's noir fiction is a favorite of mine, so I'm pretty happy to have  My Annihilation. Insular French villages always capture my interest, and so does People Like Them. 

What are you reading this week?

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday Salon 

22 comments:

  1. I want to read all three of those books!!!!! Is that a type-o? Annihilation doesn't come out until 2022??? But you have it in your hands? How does THAT happen? lol Adding all three to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People Like Them would be my first choice. Sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jinjer, Intrepid Angeleno: I received an uncopyedited edition in advance, from the publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always happy when I get books I am eager to read in the mail. I would be happy to see these three books in the mail.

    Florence Adler Swims Forever sounds especially interesting to me. Since it's historical fiction, I wonder when the story takes place.

    I'll be interested in seeing what you think of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb Nance, the setting and time for Florence Adler Swims Forever is Atlantic City, 1934.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, sorry, I saw that about the "uncopyedited edition in advance, from the publisher" after I posted my question. LOL Very cool!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of the Florence Adler Swims book! Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, My Annihilation - waiting for that one! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Florence Adler Swims Forever would be the one I pick up first. I've seen several very positive reviews. Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That insular French village sounds pretty good to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like some good books this week! Hope you enjoy them all!Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your books are good reads.

    Happy October Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these sound good. I can see why you want to read these. I hope you enjoy them when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. People Like Them and Annihilation sound awesome to me. Florence Adler is on my TBR list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am liking the 'suspense' books bloggers are receiving this month.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Florence Adler is a poignant read, a little slow but also meditative

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice looking books. I hope you enjoy them. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All three look great!! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the sound of Florence Adler Swims Forever. I really enjoy generational stories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Japanese novel looks good - as good as "annihilation" can look !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just the title People Like Them gives me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...