Sep 24, 2022

Sunday Salon: A Thriller and a YA Rom Com

 I read and reviewed fewer books last week, with so many other things going on. But I sneak in a few minutes here and there and managed to finish this first book and start the second one. 

ARC Review


All the Dangerous Things

by 

Isabelle Drake woke up one morning to find her baby Mason gone from his crib and room. After fruitless searches by police and neighbors and a seeming dead end, her husband wants Isabelle to accept Mason's disappearance and move on with life. But she persists in trying to find out what really happened to him.

I found themes of sleep walking and memory loss intriguing, as well as Isabelle's searching into her past for answers that keep eluding her. Her childhood and memories of her younger sister Margaret tie this plot together in the dual timeline of the story.

The book kept me curious to the finish although I had some idea of what the ending might be. An enjoyable and suspenseful psychological thriller.


Currently reading something light:


Well, That Was Unexpected

by 

September 27th 2022 by Delacorte Press
About:

A humorous YA rom-com about a girl who's whisked from LA to her mother's native Indonesia to get back to her roots and finds herself fake-dating the son of one of the wealthiest families there, (publisher)

What are you reading this week? 

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated BookreviewerAlso,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday SalonStacking the ShelvesMailbox Monday

47 comments:

  1. I find books about disappearing babies to be horrendously stressful, and sometimes the authors seem to be manipulating the readers' anxieties. I think I'll skip this one!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed, Well, That Was Unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two VERY different types of books! That's what keeps life interesting, right?
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/sunday-post-17

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well That Was Unexpected looks like good fun. Fake-dating? Great new word for me.

    All the Dangerous Things looks promising, too. I wish I wasn't such a big baby about scary books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fake-dating to fool others, must be a new thing among the youngsters.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good balance: A thriller and a light read. Here's my SP: https://bonniereadsandwrites.com/2022/09/25/sundaypost-precious-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy both of these. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both books look good. It's nice to have a light read sometimes.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/09/25/sunday-salon-22/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Willingham's A Flicker in the Dark! I'll have to try All the Dangerous Things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like these two books couldn't be more different! Fake dating is a term I haven't heard before..

    ReplyDelete
  10. These books both look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to change up my genres too.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am finally reading books happily. I was in a reading funk for a while. My Sunday Salon post. I've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find that even when I have a good idea of what the twist or reveal is about, the journey to reach that point is enough to hold my attention and keep me reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the Dangerous Things sounds so intriguing. I love psychological thrillers. I'm definitely going to add this one to my TBR. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes! All the Dangerous Things sounds terrifying as a parent! (even though my babies are now in their 20's). I'm enjoying a lot of suspense & thrillers this season!

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue
    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of these psych thrillers are truly scary.

      Delete
  16. Such a scary premise, and sleep walking and memory loss definitely sound spooky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of intriguing plot elements thrown into this one.

      Delete
  17. Both books sounds really interesting. All the Dangerous Things would probably keep me up at night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to see All the Dangerous Things is good.

    I have this in my TBR.

    Have a great week, Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That does sound like a good one and the cover is pretty interesting. Thanks for stopping by for our Commentathon today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. While these both sound good I love a dual timeline in a thriller and this one sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen Well, that was unexpected doing the rounds and it does seem like fun read. Glad to hear you are also enjoying it!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very different but they both sound good. Fake couples seems to be a theme this week. Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what those fake couples books are. I'm interested.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...