Nov 11, 2008

Medusa: The Beginning by Kathi Harris


Kathi Harris's Medusa: The Beginning is a sci-fi novel published in 2007. It describes the rise of an African-American to the presidency of the United States in the middle of troubled times.

"Many of you have already accepted the fact that I am African American and realize my color makes no difference in my ability to lead or to inspire..."

The preceding is an excerpt from the novel, part of the president's acceptance speech.

The author is truly excited that her book has been so predictive of what has happened in America in 2008. To see more of the speech and learn more about her book, visit Kathi Harris's Book Corner, Lake Tales
or Lark Song


YOUR VIEWS: Does Obama's win change people's perception of race?

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this book. I am waiting for the follow-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think his presidency will change many minds. It will break down many of the stereotypes that some people have. He has already done so just by being elected.I hope and prey that President-elect Obama will be able to solve our most pressing problems. I hope he will leave a wonderful legacy. Yes we can.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Voices of the Old and the New: Corky Lee and Julia Alvarez

  NEW RELEASES Corky Lee's Asian America Fifty Years of Photographic Justice by  Corky Lee Publication April 9, 2024; Clarkson Potter/Te...