Sep 9, 2010

Books read and just now reviewed

Without a Word: A Rachel Alexander Mystery (Rachel Alexander & Dash Mysteries)

Without a Word: A Rachel Alexander Mystery (Rachel Alexander & Dash Mysteries) by dog trainer and writer Carol Lea Benjamin. I gave this a 5 on Goodreads. Rachel is the P.I. and her pitbull Dashiell is her sidekick. Dash is also a trained therapy dog!

There is a border collie on the cover of the book 'cause it went missing along with the wife of its owner. Rachel finds them of course, and helps a young girl traumatized by the absence and disappearance of the woman, her mother. Great novel, with a very sensitive and astute P.I.

Killer Weekend
Killer Weekend by Ridley Pearson is the second book I've read in his Sheriff Walt Fleming mystery series, set in the resort town of Sun Valley, Idaho. A very entertaining read, even though it's another suspense novel that delivers on good plot and writing but doesn't stay in your memory after you have finished it and gone on to other books. It's a 4!

I think his more recent Killer Summer is a better mystery; I gave that a 5. I remember the hunt and chase scenes through the remote Sun Valley mountains. Pearson's most recent novel came out on Aug. 3., In Harm's Way (Walt Fleming Novel). Of course, I plan on reading it!

What books have you read but not yet reviewed?

Source: Library

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had fun reading recently. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't read any of these. Sometimes it is hard to get yourself to do a review isn't it? Good reading time wasted...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting, Ridley :) What a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. G

    U certainly r reading up a storm. Wow! btween all these bks, ur websites & blogging, u r certainly going 2 keep busy.

    I have 2 get bk n2 blogging. I can't believe I haven't done this in more than a yr. Magpie tales will get me bk n2 it. I have 2 short stories up now - last wks & this wks. Whoo hoo!

    I finally saw the award u nominated me 4. Thanks a bunch. That was cute!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you. I have so many books read and not yet reviewed going back a while! For example, I finished David Peace's wonderful Red Riding Quartet and have yet to write a word.

    arrgh! Too much going on.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Voices of the Old and the New: Corky Lee and Julia Alvarez

  NEW RELEASES Corky Lee's Asian America Fifty Years of Photographic Justice by  Corky Lee Publication April 9, 2024; Clarkson Potter/Te...