Jan 31, 2012

Teaser: Threadbare, A Needlecraft Mystery by Monica Ferris

Teaser Tuesdays asks you to choose sentences at random from your current read. Identify the author and title for readers.

Title: Threadbare: A Needlecraft Mystery
December 6, 2011; Berkley Hardcover

"I thought she was living on the street."

"Yes, some of the time. She goes to shelters at night, especially in the winter. Oh, you mean because she knits or does embroidery. Well, why not? You can do that in a library if you're quiet about it. It helps her pass the time." (ch. 3)


Publisher's description: "Besty Devonshire of the Crewel World needlework shop gets embroiled in an embroidery mystery. When an elderly homeless woman is found dead on the shore of Lake Minnetonka, she's wearing something that holds the key to her identity but also opens up a mystery. Embroidered on her blouse is her will, in which she bequeaths everything she owns to her niece-Emily Hame, a member of the Monday Bunch at Betsy's needlework shop!

Emily's aunt turns out to be the second homeless woman to be found dead under mysterious circumstances. It's up to Betsy to discover the common thread between the deaths-and to determine if a murderer may strike again... "

This review book is the 15th in the mystery series.

11 comments:

  1. I want to find out how the victim became homeless, and what her story was! Your spotlight really enticed me, and even though this book is the 15th in the series, I am wondering if it would stand alone! Great teaser today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Z: These cozy mysteries with a theme are always stand alone books. You can pick up any of them and read!

      Delete
  2. I love a good cozy mystery! I will have to pick this series up! Here is my TT: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-january-31-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this one is definitely one for my list! Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY TT POST - and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. great teaser this week, sounds like a fun read. Have a good one. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I enjoy crocheting, quilting, and embroidery, this sounds like a book I'd love. Thanks for posting the synopsis along with your teaser.
    Here's mine: Sandy's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not your average crafty bag lady.

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so much about this series. I really want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Besty Devonshire series! Haven't read this one yet, but it's on my list. Excellent teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've thought about picking up this series at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds very tempting. I have already bought two books today, but perhaps I should put it on the list...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...