Nov 6, 2012

Book Teaser: The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB; choose sentences at random from your current read. Identify author and title for readers.

Title: The School of Essential Ingredients: A Novel
Author: Erica Bauermeister
Published January 5, 2010; Berkley Trade Paperback
Genre: women's fiction; Source: publisher

"You can see why it would be tempting to use a mix" - her eyes sparkled - "but then you'd lose out on all the lessons that baking a cake has to teach you." (p. 72)

Book description: A national bestseller about a chef, her students, and the lessons that food teaches about life.

Once a month, eight students gather in Lillian's restaurant for a cooking class. Among them is Claire, a young mother; Tom, a lawyer; Antonia, an Italian kitchen designer; and Carl and Helen, a long-married couple.

The students have come to learn the art behind Lillian's soulful dishes, but each seeks a recipe for something beyond the kitchen. Soon they are transformed by the aromas, flavors, and textures of what they create.

15 comments:

  1. This sounds VERY good...thanks. I love the cover too.

    My teaser is from THE GIRL ON THE CLIFF by Lucinda Riley.

    My teaser is below:

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday-1162012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one a few years ago, and loved it. It was such an incredible read! So glad that you are getting the chance to enjoy it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm. not my typical type of read. and i always use the mix. maybe that's why i'm in sales and not into baking!

    Trish - My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great book, hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with the teaser. Very wise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super teaser! I'm pretty certain I'd enjoy this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I was reading this for the first time again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting this one. Great teaser!
    My Teaser is from SLIGHTLY CRACKED.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having something handy to refer while cooking makes the dish more tasty. This book seems like a perfect example depicting it.

    Find The Best Italian Cookery Courses in London

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...