Jun 22, 2014

Sunday Salon: New Galleys for Review

Welcome to the Sunday Salon! Also visit The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer; It's Monday: What Are You Reading? at Book Journey. Also, visit Mailbox Monday to see other bloggers' mailboxes each week.

Thanks to Harper Collins for sending the following galleys/uncorrected proofs for review:


The Story Hour
 "a profound, heartbreakingly honest novel about friendship, family, secrets, forgiveness, and second chances"



The Story of Land and Sea
"Set in a small coastal town in North Carolina during the waning years of the American Revolution, this incandescent debut novel follows three generations of family—fathers and daughters, mother and son, master and slave, characters who yearn for redemption amidst a heady brew of war, kidnapping, slavery, and love" 

Flings: Stories
 "a piercing collection of short fiction that illuminates our struggle to find love, comfort, and identity"
Eager to start these. What are you reading this week?

18 comments:

  1. You always share the most amazing sounding books! You are giving me writers cramp writing them all down! ;-) All three of these sound like I need to put them on my TBR list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story of Land and Sea sounds really interesting to me as the America during the time of the Revolution is a source of endless fascination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three of theses look like they would be enjoyable. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Story Hour appeals to me, and I've heard such good things about Thrity Umrigar's writing. Have a good week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new Unrigar which I was unaware of! thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great reading options for you, enjoy!

    Keep calm and read on!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Story Hour looks good to me! I have two of Umrigar's novels on my shelf, but have't read them yet. Just know I'm going to love her writing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all look very tempting...enjoy! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look interesting! I've seen The Story Hour but have yet to pick it up. Hopefully it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The story hour looks like a beautiful story. Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to The Story Hour. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to The Story Hour. The Story of Land and Sea caught my attention. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think The Story Hour sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw The Story Hour on another blog. I am sure the book will be good. Love the author.

    ENJOY your reading day if you are reading. Who doesn't read every day, though, right? :)

    Sorry for a late-week reply. Hope you had good week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...