Dec 29, 2014

Mailbox Monday: Doctor Death by Lene Kaaberbol

Mailbox Monday lists your new books - downloaded, purchased, or sent to you in the mail.

Here is what I downloaded from Netflix and am currently reading.

Doctor Death: A Madeline Karno Mystery by Lene Kaaberbol
To be published February 17, 2015; Atria Books
Genre: historical mystery, thriller, coming-of-age
Source: publicist

I don't read many books online or on my ereader, but this Danish thriller author is one of my favorite writers and this novel is intriguing as were her others, notably The Boy in the Suitcase (click on title to see my review).

Here is the publisher's description:

From the New York Times bestselling coauthor of The Boy in the Suitcase, a gripping historical thriller and poignant coming-of-age story set in nineteenth-century France. Madeleine Karno is an ambitious young woman eager to shatter the confines of her provincial French town. Driven and strong headed,

Madeleine is set apart by her unusual occupation: assisting her father, Dr. Albert Karno, in his job as a forensic doctor. The year is 1894, and a young girl is found dead on the snowy streets of Varbourg. Dr. Karno is called in to determine the cause of her death, but before he can examine the body, the girl’s family forbids the autopsy from taking place. The only anomaly he manages to find is in the form of a mite in her nostril. Shortly after, several other dead bodies are discovered throughout the city, and Madeleine, her father, and the city commissioner must use the new science of forensic evidence to solve the mysterious cases before they all become the next victims of a deadly disease—or of a heinous murderer.

What did you get in your mailbox last week? 

7 comments:

  1. I hope it exceeds your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds good. I hope you enjoy it. I read a lot on my Kindle and have come to prefer it to print books. You can see my week here. Have a great week and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your new book. It sounds great! Have a great week and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it is good. Sounds pretty good.

    ENJOY the rest of the week.

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Voices of the Old and the New: Corky Lee and Julia Alvarez

  NEW RELEASES Corky Lee's Asian America Fifty Years of Photographic Justice by  Corky Lee Publication April 9, 2024; Clarkson Potter/Te...