Aug 30, 2015

Sunday Salon: A Variety of Books

Welcome to the Sunday Salon where bloggers share their reading each week. Visit The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also visit Mailbox Monday.

I missed the giant moon last night, though we saw it Friday night. It's overcast here. Hope you got a chance to see it.

Got a few new books and proofs 





Two Dogs and a Parrot by Joan Chittister, published by BlueBridge

Crooked River by Valerie Geary, published by William Morrow Paperbacks


Embracing the Seasons: Memories of a Country Garden by Gunilla Norris, published by BlueBridge

The Gilded Hour by Sara Donati, published by Berkley....two female doctors in nineteenth-century New York and the transcendent power of courage and love…

Murder in Megara by Mary Reed and Eric Mayer, Poisoned Pen Press

Everyone Has Their Reasons by Joseph Matthews, PM Press

Nondual, audio CD of music by Kirtan Rabbi (artist)

What's on your reading desk this end of August?

14 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some good books lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting looking variety of books.

    In particular, the Gilded Hour looks very good. Nineteenth Century New York City and its related social problems is for me an intriguing subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous books this week! I'm curious about Embracing the Seasons and The Gilded Hour. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gilded Hour looks really interesting. I'll have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check those books out as they're all new to me. I love music so I'll be checking out the cd too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the meteors a couple weeks ago too, due to clouds. :( Embracing the Seasons looks nice, and The Paris Key has caught my interest as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your books especially Embracing The Seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stack of books look pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stack of books.

    I read Crooked River and enjoyed it.

    I hope you do too.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Gilded Hour has grabbed my attention. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The only one of those books I'm familiar with is Crooked River. I hope they're all winners!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stack! I enjoyed Crooked River, and I love the look of Embracing the Seasons. Enjoy!

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Gilded Hour caught my eye. Enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...