Oct 10, 2015

Sunday Salon: Mysteries and a Cookbook

Welcome to the Sunday Salon where bloggers share their reading each week. Visit The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also visit Stacking the Shelves

Featuring several mystery novels, plus a cookbook by Amanda Freitag, whom I watch often on the TV Food Channel program, Chopped.

The Chef Next Door by Amanda Frietag, William Morrow
Depraved Heart (Kay Scarpetta #23) by Patricia Cornwell, William Morrow
The Candy Cane Cupcake Killer by Livia J. Washburn, NAL
The Chocolate Falcon Fraud  by JoAnna Carl, NAL
A Likely Story by Jenn McKinlay, NAL
Murder on St. Nicholas Avenue by Victoria Thompson; Berkley
Trimmed with Murder by Sally Goldenbaum, NAL

Currently reading:
A library book I was lucky to find, the third in the Ibis Trilogy, by Amitav Ghosh. Historical fiction about India and China, the Opium War, and the British in India during the nineteenth century. 

What are you reading at the moment? 

8 comments:

  1. Great stack of books! I keep meaning to read the Kay Scarpetta series. Enjoy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cookbooks! Enjoy!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-mary-karr-reading-frenzy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Jenn McKinlay book looks interesting, I've been thinking of trying her series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amitav Ghosh...I think I've heard that name before, but now I'll have to seek the books out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week! I'm especially curious about the cookbook. I love Amanda Frietag and am looking forward to trying some of her recipes. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous that you're reading Flood of Fire. I keep telling myself to read those books, but I never seem to listen. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely new reads, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful books! The cookbook sounds tantalizing. Enjoy, Harvee!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...