Dec 19, 2015

Sunday Salon: Books Before Christmas

Welcome to the Sunday Salon where bloggers share their reading each week. Visit The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. 
Also visit Mailbox Monday, and Stacking the Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Visit It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Book Date. 

Three new books but not much time to read this week....
What Was Mine by Helen Klein Ross, to be published January 5, 2016 by Gallery Books.
The heartrending yet unsentimental tale of a woman who kidnaps a baby in a superstore—and gets away with it for twenty-one years.
Water on the Moon , a win from the author Jean P. Moore, published June 3, 2015 by SheWrites Press.
Independent Publisher Book Award (IPPY) for Contemporary Fiction (Gold Medal) (2015)
The Good Liar by Nicholas Searle, to be released February 2, 2016 by Harper
Roy is a conman living in a small English town, about to pull off his final con. He is going to meet and woo a beautiful woman and slip away with her life savings. But who is the man behind the con? 

Currently reading
a borrow from the library, The Nature of the Beast, the 11th in the mystery series by Louise Penny. Quite a suspenseful story, set in the idyllic village of Three Pines, Quebec.

I am almost finished with a new cozy, A Wee Dose of Death by Fran Stewart, A Scotshop mystery to be released January 5, 2015. I don't normally take to ghosts in novels, but a thirteenth century Scotsman who spices up this shop adds a lot to the mystery. 

What books are you reading right now, before Christmas? 

I am still adding to the number of books I have read in 2015, but so far, this is what I've read on Goodreads: Books Read in 2015

13 comments:

  1. All three of your new books look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these all look good...I just added What Was Mine to my list. Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought those all three look great too! I got to fall in love with some fantastic books this year.. I have different favorites for different reasons but one was finally 'getting' all the fuss about Outlander... loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying my best to cram in as many Harry Potter re-reads before my break is over as I can! #Potterbinge all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for reviews of The Good Liar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The books will be there when you have time. They all look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your link to Goodreads. It looks like your having a great year. I hope you enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I live in Quebec and yet have never read a Louise Penny book. Your post makes me want to give her books a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Was Mine sounds good.

    The Good Liar is pretty popular today.

    ENJOY, and Merry Christmas.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. What Was Mine sounds great, definitely adding to 2016 TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 21 years? What Was Mine sounds fascinating. Come see my week here. Happy holidays and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What Was Mine is new to me but sounds really fascinating. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...