Jun 26, 2016

Sunday Salon: Sweltering Summer Reading

A contemporary women's novel is my current read:

The Cake Therapist by Judith Fertig, published June 2, 2015, to be followed by the second in the series, 

Books just read:
As Death Draws Near: A Lady Darby Mystery #5 by Anna Lee Huber, to be released July 5, 2016. A four star read with an atmospheric setting in an abbey in Ireland, nineteenth century. 

Next in line to be read, for a book tour in July:
The Ninja's Daughter: A Hiro Hattori  Novel by Susan Spann, to be published August 2, 2016 by Seventh Street Books. Master ninja Hiro Hattori and Portuguese Jesuit Father Mateo solve the death of an actor's daughter in 16th century Japan.   

This has been a slow month for new books at my house, but there are lots of novels around my desk that call for attention!
How about you? Whats new in your reading?
Keep cool in this sweltering summer!

Welcome to the Sunday Salon where bloggers share their reading each week. Visit The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer.
Also visit It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Book Date. 

8 comments:

  1. The Cake Therapist looks pretty good to me. It definitely has an appealing cover anyway :)

    I will have to check out that Lady Darby series. I love historical mysteries.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both The Cake Therapist and The Memory of Lemon have such eye catching covers! I'll be anxious to see your review! I need something different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get much read this week...only ONE book! But it was a good one.

    The Cake Therapist looks tempting...and delicious. Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been hot here too, and my reading has slowed down for some reason. I like the sound of that mystery and the Irish abbey... sounds very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stay cool and enjoy your reading, Harvee. I like these colorful covers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover on Cake Therapist looks so relaxing, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ninja's Daughter looks very good. It seems like a mystery that does not follow cliches. I look forward to reading your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks. I have these on my wishlist. Hope you enjoy them. Happy reading and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...