May 25, 2019

Sunday Salon: Domestic Drama, Suspense

Domestic drama and books of suspense

The First Mistake

The First Mistake by Sandie Jones, June 11, 2019, Minotaur Books
Genre: domestic suspense
(A) wife, her husband, and the woman who is supposedly her best friend.

Murder, She Wrote: Murder in Red

Murder She Wrote: Murder in Red by Jessica Fletcher and Jon Land
Publication: May 28, 2019, Berkley Books
In what appears to be medical malpractice, Jessica learns her friend was actually a victim of something far more sinister.

Searching for Sylvie Lee

Searching for Sylvie Lee by Jean Kwok, June 4, 2019, William Morrow
Genre: suspense, family drama
In one Chinese immigrant family, the book explores what happens when the eldest daughter disappears, and a series of family secrets emerge.


The Last Train to London
The Last Train to London
The Last Train to London by Meg Waite Clayton, September 10, 2019, Harper
This historical novel centers on the Kindertransports that carried thousands of children out of Nazi-occupied Europe in WWII—and one brave woman who helped them escape to safety.


The Chestnut Man
The Chestnut Man
The Chestnut Man by Soren Sveistrup, Sepember 3, 2019, Harper
Genre: police procedural, thriller
A madman is terrorizing Copenhagen. His calling card is a matchstick doll and two chestnuts. 


Gravity Is the Thing: A Novel
Gravity Is the Thing: A Novel
Gravity Is the Thing: A Novel by Jaclyn Moriarty, July 23, 2019, Harper
Genre: contemporary fiction
A single mother's search for happiness. 

What are you reading this week?

Memes:
The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer,  Stacking the Shelves. Also visit The Sunday Salon hosted by ReaderBuzz, and It's Monday, What Are You Reading by Book Date. and Mailbox Monday 

17 comments:

  1. As usual, these look like good books. I like the one with Jessica Fletcher. "Malpractice" is such a frightening word. Then, a Matchstick doll and chestnuts? Can't imagine what's going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of Last Train to London. There seem to be so many suspenseful novels right now. I like this genre. It keeps me guessing.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gravity is the Thing sounds good. I've been seeing it around lots.

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look good but The First Mistake looked so good that I checked my library for it. It's on order and I'm #3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to LOVE watching the Murder, She Wrote TV series. I'll be interested in reading your review of the book.

    I hope you have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ll be interested to see what you think of Kwok’s latest.

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Last Train to London sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Sunday, Harvee! I don't have any of these books, but I think you will enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good book haul this week. I've been seeing The Last Train to London around the blogs and it looks good.
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stack of books! I'm excited that Jean Kwok has a new book out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious about the Sylvia Lee book and I think my Mom might like the Murder She Wrote one. I know she watched every episode of that series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking variety of books. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm currently reading Gravity is the Thing. Jaclyn's writing is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember watching Murder She Wrote as a child. It was one of my Mom's favorite shows. See what I read at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...