"Eating right isn't about will power. It's about changing those bad habits." (p. 174)
I liked the simplicity of this exercise and diet book by Denise Austin. I found it easy to follow and the exercises basic enough for me to remember and try!
1. 12 easy exercises in 12 minutes a day
2. A daily eating plan which I found useful and uncomplicated! And a checking list to keep you on track.
3 servings of vegetables
3 servings fruit
3 servings protein
2 servings healthy grain
1 serving healty fat
3. A daily exercise regimen, meal plan, recipes, and shopping list for each weekday, Monday through Sunday. I liked some of the food and fruit combinations: chopped oranges combined with blueberries; a wheat pita sandwich of turkey, sliced apples, baby spinach and a dollop of honey mustard!
Avoid eating right out of a box or bag - something research shows can cause us to eat up to 20 percent more. Make sure anything you eat is put on a plate or in a bowl and enjoyed while (you're) seated. ( p. 246)
- 12 Ways to Add Physical Activity to Your Daily Routine
- 12 Tips for Filling Your Life with Fiber
- 12 Ways to Trim Your Body and Your Food Costs
- 12 Ways to Prevent Bloat
- 12 tips on "How to Get a Better Night's Sleep " and
- 12 Healthy Rewards for Your Hard Work.
If I can't follow the day to day regimen set out by the book, for whatever reason, I'd definitely still use this as a reference book for quick exercises and healthy recipes.
About the author: Denise Austin has been a health and fitness advocate for over 25 years and has sold over twenty million exercise videos and DVDs. She is a two-term member of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and sports. Her show, Denise Austin's Daily Workout, has aired for over 24 years and is the top-rated fitness show in the history of televevision. Denise lives with her husband and daughters outside Washington D.C. You can visit her at www.deniseaustin.comThanks to the Hachette Book Group for providing a review copy.