Happy New Year everyone! A new blog name for the new year - from Book Bird Dog to Book Dilettante. Hope you'll stay with me!
What is The Sunday Salon? Every Sunday the bloggers participating in that week's Salon get together--at their separate desks, in their own particular time zones--and read. And blog about their reading. And comment on one another's blogs. You can join in, too!
1. This past week I got very little reading done over the New Year holidays! I posted a review of The Tricking of Freya, a novel of Iceland by Christina Sunley, on Dec. 27 and then a Teaser Tuesday on Dec. 28 with my New Year's resolution to follow the healthy eating advice in the book, Japanese Women Don't Get Old or Fat.
2. Am almost through reading A Map of Paradise, a book of Hawaii in the late 19th century. It was the only book I managed to sneak in during the week.
3. I sent a list of questions for an interview with author Christina Sunley re her book, The Tricking of Freya, and I hope to post her answers this week. I also finished reading The Last Surgeon, a thriller by Michael Palmer, and still have to write a review.
4. Returned from Canada yesterday after five days of visiting and eating and found in my mailbox, appropriately enough, Denise's Daily Dozen: The Easy, Every Day Program to Lose Up to 12 Pounds in 2 weeks, a book from the Hachette group. This should go a long way to help with my new resolution for 2010 - losing all the pounds I gained the last three months in 2009!
6. Also joined four reading challenges -
Support Your Library Book Challenge,
2010 Flashback Reading Challenge
Thriller and Suspense Reading Challenge
and Chill Baby Chill! Reviews (this one runs to March 19, 2010)!
Good luck with your reading in 2010!
Member of Amazon Associates