Mar 28, 2010

Book Review: Love in Mid Air by Kim Wright

Love in Mid Air by Kim Wright

Publisher's description:
"A chance encounter with a stranger in an airplane sends Elyse Bearden into an emotional tailspin. Suddenly, Elyse is willing to risk everything: her safe but stale marriage, her seemingly perfect life in an affluent Southern suburb, and her position in the church. As Elyse embarks on a risky affair, her longtime friend Kelly and the other women in their book club begin to question their own decisions about love, sex, marriage, and freedom. In the end it will take an extraordinary leap of faith for Elyse to find - and follow- her own path to happiness."

Comments: I found the main character Elyse frantic and the pace of her narrative staccato and disjointed. I didn't find her sympathetic and I was put off by her grammar/speech/narrative very early in the book.

ARC provided by the publicist for my objective review.

4 comments:

  1. sorry this book did not work out for you; i have never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that this book didn't work out for you. I have only just read one other okeish review of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably not enjoy that kind of disjointed pace too. Thanks for the review. I always enjoy visiting you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry my book didn't speak to you but thanks so much for taking the time to read it and review it. I appreciate the feedback!

    Kim Wright

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...