May 27, 2010

Library Loot: Petals from the Sky by Mingmei Yip



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Marg @ ReadingAdventures and Eva at A Striped Armchair.




  

Petals From The Sky by Mingmei Yip, is new in paperback. Twenty-year old Meng Ning decides to be come a Buddhist nun, against the wishes of her mother. She travels abroad to study Buddhism and meets a young American doctor after a fire at the Budhist retreat. They become close and as they say, the rest is history. Or maybe not...Meng Ning must choose between the young doctor and religion. I'm curious to see which it is. The book takes place in China, Manhattan, Paris and Hong Kong, so there is an added incentive to read it. Armchair travel while you read a love story!





I found Gwyn Cready's first two books, Seducing Mr. Darcy, which I've seen on a lot of blogs, and Tumbling Through Time. One blogger preferred the first book to her third, Flirting with Forever. These romances are a combination of time-travel, chick lit, and racy fantasy with some humor thrown in. I'm reading Cready as we graduated from the same university! At least that's my excuse for reading spicy romances, which is a new genre for me. By the way, here is the link to my review of Flirting with Forever.




I also picked up my favorite kind of book, Assassins of Athens by Jeffrey Siger, a Chief Inspector Kaldis thriller set in Greece. The novel takes us into the criminal side of Athens' night life and the "glittering world of Athens society. " Sounds like a book for me.  Siger also wrote the well-known Murder in Mykonos which I have on my list to read.

These are the books I came away with! What have you borrowed from the library, or bought?

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Voices of the Old and the New: Corky Lee and Julia Alvarez

  NEW RELEASES Corky Lee's Asian America Fifty Years of Photographic Justice by  Corky Lee Publication April 9, 2024; Clarkson Potter/Te...