Jan 20, 2011

Edgar Allen Poe Award Winners 2011

The 2011 Edgar Allan Poe Awards for crime writers will be presented April 28, 2011 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York City.

Two of the categories include Best Novel and Best First Novel by an American Author. My picks for winners are in orange!!

BEST NOVEL

Coben, Harlan. Caught
Franklin, Tom. Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
French, Tana. Faithful Place
Hallinan, Tim. The Queen of Patpong*
Hamilton, Steve. The Lock Artist
Lippman, Laura. I'd Know You Anywhere

BEST FIRST NOVEL BY AN AMERICAN AUTHOR

DeSilva, Bruce. RogueIsland
Doiron, Paul. The Poacher's Son
Gordon, David. The Serialist
Pizzolato, Nic. Galveston
Thompson, James. Snow Angels*


BEST PAPERBACK ORIGINAL

Goddard, Robert. Long Time Coming
O'Flynn, Catherine. The News Where You Are
Swierczynski, Duane. Expiration Date
Tallis, Frank. Vienna Secrets
Tyler, LC. Ten Little Herrings

Source: Partial list from The Poisoned Pen

3 comments:

  1. For once there are some names on the list I recognize, but I can´t say I bother much about reading books because they receive awards. But of course they may choose the best books once in a while ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's actually a few books on that list that I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are just two I have read which is good news for me! I generally am so far behind on whatever is the latest.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...