Aug 7, 2011

Sunday Salon: Whipping those books into order

The Sunday Salon.comWelcome to the Sunday Salon. Click on the logo to join in.

My library in the basement has been a jumble, and now thanks to LibraryThing, I'm getting it in order, catalogued and sorted. Sort of. I've only just begun, with 2/3 of the job still to go. Gave away a few books to the library, threw away a few that were unusable, and am stacking the rest in some kind of order. This is so I can find a specific book when I want to get it. Cookbooks here, dictionaries there, women's fiction and memoirs here, and lots of mysteries over there. Wish I had more travel books...so I can armchair world trips!

I am booked for two TLC Book Tours this month, one on Tuesday. Please come back then.

I bought at least 8 books at a library sale last week, too. Got my own copy, not too used, of The Poisonwood Bible, and several books of fiction by male and female authors whom I have never read. None of the books were mysteries!

Trying to keep cool in the outdoor pool at the Y but had to cut short my reading by poolside because of thunder yesterday. Might try again today.

What have you been reading/doing?

11 comments:

  1. We could only dream of cancelling our outdoor ventures because of thunder!

    Here's my Sunday Salon for this week:
    Sunday Salon: New York! New York!
    And don't forget the Readerbuzz August Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thunder in the summer always freaks me out...I don't know why.

    We had some a week or so ago.

    I like the idea of organizing the books. I was staring at my TBRs and trying to decide what to do with them.

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb and Laural-Rain: Now it's raining, with thunder again. No outdoor swim this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, to see some rain again here in Texas. Everything is crunchy and dry. At least reading is a fun A/C activity. Currently reading CLOSE YOUR EYES by Amanda Eyre Ward. Great suspense/family drama.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen: Haven't heard of this book before, but hope you keep enjoying reading even in the hot dry weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Poisonwood Bible. It is fun to organize our books periodically, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane: It's fun but also a lot of work as I've left it for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunday: rain, wind and headache.

    Well, I read half a mystery by Laura Lippman so it was not all bad, but it was really nice to feel so much better today I could catch up with the laundry, clean the kitchen and thousand other things - including a nice, long blog round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dorte: Glad your better today. Nice to get caught up with chores and housework!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We really need some rain here...we had a few showers but nothing major. I love putting my books in some type of order, but then I get distracted by one and forget what I'm doing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Staci: It's a major headache, but I've got to get the basement/library organized. Taking frequent breaks...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...