Oct 23, 2011

Read-A-Thon: End of Event Meme


To the organizers and helpers at Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon, thanks for the great experience!

I finished 2 1/2 books on my first Read-a-Thon! (I confess I didn't stay up all night to finish all three). The Read-A-Thon was fun and helped me finish those books much faster than I normally would have done. Thanks to all those who cheered me on!

Here is the last meme of the event:

1.Which hour was most daunting for you? The hour just before my normal bedtime.

2.Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? There are so many....depending on the genres you prefer.

3.Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think everything went well and I was so impressed by the work of the organizers and volunteers.

4.What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The cheering, the prize giving, everything really.

5.How many books did you read? Sad to say, only 2 1/2, this time....

6.What were the names of the books you read?
Success Secrets of Sherlock Holmes by David Acord - 4 stars
The Gilded Shroud by Elizabeth Bailey - 3 stars
Dreaming in Chinese by Deborah Fallows - 5 stars, so far

7.Which book did you enjoy most? Dreaming in Chinese, a book on language and linguistics that is surprisingly funny and clever.

8.Which did you enjoy least?
Sadly, The Gilded Shroud, an historical mystery and the first in the series for the writer.

9.If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? They did a good job!

10.How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I'd love to participate again., perhaps donate a book for a prize,  but don't think I'd have enough time to be a cheerleader.

 

6 comments:

  1. I just cheer leadered the ones who follow my blog and maybe about five others. Not possible to do the whole 480 odd bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 2 1/2 books in one day is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Read-a-Thon accomplishments! The most I ever finished during the event was 1 book. ;) You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a successful read-a-thon! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kudos to you participating-somehow I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun this time around. I'm already looking forward to April :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...