May 14, 2012

Books: In a Cozy Mood

I've been in a cozy-mystery reading mood lately.


A Spirited Gift

I finished Madelyn Alt's Home for a Spell, a Bewitching Mystery series, yesterday and am now in the middle of A Spirited Gift, a Missing Pieces Mystery by Joyce and Jim Lavene.

Home for a Spell

Both books have an element of the paranormal to give the mystery stories a bit of spice.

The Wild Wood Enquiry

Next on my list will be The Wild Wood Enquiry by Ann Purser, one of the Ivy Beasley Mystery series. No spirits or witches here, I don't think.

Read any cozies lately?

5 comments:

  1. No, I haven't, but I really should try to read more "cozies". They always sound like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read a cozy in ages, but you are giving me a lot of great ideas of where to start! I love that there are so many different varieties to choose from. Thanks for sharing these with us today! You have made my shopping cart very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been keep a list of some cozies that I hope to read in fall. Enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm re-reading more "classic" cozies, like Agatha Christie and Dorothy Sayers.

    A friend recommended Georgette Heyer's mysteries too -- I never knew she wrote them.

    I'm always on the lookout for more modern cozies, though. Especially if they are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look good. I always love the covers of cozies!! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...