Jun 22, 2012

Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells by Lisa Cach


Welcome to The Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice
Rules:*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence (or a few) that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post to the Friday 56 Linky. It's that simple.


Title: Great-Aunt Sophia's Lessons for Bombshells
Author: Lisa Cach; paperback; June 19, 2012
"It's grossly unfair that at my age, one tires easily but sleeps hardly at all." Sophia was sitting in the large breakfast nook at the end of the kitchen, the bay window behind her providing an elegant backdrop of green garden. A plate of toast and a coffee mug sat on the table." (p. 56)
About the book: 
Grace Cavanaugh, a PhD student, experiences a life-changing summer while taking care of her great aunt, a 1940’s movie star.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm already hooked on the synopsis and the excerpt.

    Definitely one I'd like to read!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great 56. I can relate!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting excerpt! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She must be my age. lol.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking the same thing as Sidne... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title and cover are great! Definitely eye-catching! And I love the description of where she's sitting, it sounds so peaceful! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a really good read. I'm going to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks.........I think I need to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy those old movies so an ageing starlet would have lots of stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am impressed with this website, rattling I am a fan.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...