Oct 14, 2012

Sunday Salon: Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown

The Sunday Salon.com Welcome to the Sunday Salon!

Iced Chiffon
I saw Iced Chiffon (Berkley paperback; October 2, 2012) featured so many times on blogs that I thought I was missing out on a good cozy by not reading it right away.  I like the main character, Reagan, who is a young woman turned sleuth, down on her luck, recently divorced, and trying to renovate her home, a Victorian house that she has turned into a consignment shop, the Prissy Fox.

Reagan's ex-husband Hollis has been charged with the murder of his girlfriend and employee, Cupcake, and Reagan may lose her Victorian home if Hollis decides to take it back and  use the money to pay his lawyer to get him off the hook. Reagan wants to keep the house and decides to solve the murder herself.

So far, so good. Lots of humor and Savannah atmosphere, Southern style food, dress, and manners. I'm enjoying this cozy. Of course, there is romance simmering beneath the icy exchanges with Hollis's handsome lawyer, Walker Boone.

Also on the agenda, a wholesome breakfast and a matinee, Argo. I've heard good things about Ben Affleck's movie and hope to see it this afternoon.

What are your reading plans for the day, the week?

4 comments:

  1. I've been noticing this one around, too, and now you've really piqued my interest. Thanks!

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy reading and enjoy the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for your final thoughts on this cozy but I'm sure hoping you really liked it!! I have heard rave reviews of Argo too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy reading! Sunday is a great day to catch up in your reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...