Jan 12, 2014

Sunday Salon: Book Tours Make Me Read Faster

The Sunday Salon.com Welcome to the Sunday Salon! Also visit The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer, and It's Monday: What Are You Reading? at Book Journey. Also, Mailbox Monday at its permanent home.

I started out the year by reading books for book tours as I found I had scheduled six books in January alone and three more in February. So I am on a reading frenzy at the moment to keep up. So far, I have finished writing reviews for four of the books.

Reviews for Short Leash, My Mother's Funeral and A Different Sun will be published in the next two weeks, starting tomorrow. I have just begun reading While We Were Watching Downton Abbey and will finish up with Last Train to Paris.

A few books trickled into the mailbox whenever the mailman came during the sometimes Level 3 snow emergencies we had last week.


I got this new edition of What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty, (see my 2011 review) plus a canvas tote bag with the imprint of the cover of The Husband's SecretI believe these were a contest win. 

Three cozy mysteries came, thanks to Penguin:

Poison at the PTA by Laura Alden: As the Tarver Elementary School PTA president, Beth Kennedy is always on the go—especially when someone puts murder on the agenda.


Murder With Ganache by Lucy BurdetteHayley Snow, the food critic for Key Zest magazine, has her plate heaped high with restaurant reviews, doughnut and sticky bun tastings, and an article on the Hemingway cats. But this week she’s also in charge of her best friend’s wedding. And then someone adds a side of murder….


Throw in the Trowel by Kate Collins: The couple that sleuths together… . Flower Shop owner Abby Knight has just returned from a romantic honeymoon with Marco, the man of her dreams.  But when Marco discovers a skeleton buried in the basement of his bar, it is a bit of a mood killer. When the body is identified as a carpenter who went missing back in the 1970s, Abby and Marco decide to cultivate the clues to solve the cold case.

What are you reading this week, for a tour,  for entertainment, information, or...?  Do you think that if you had book tours scheduled for all your TBR books, you'd read much faster? 

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you're going to be busy! I haven't heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them!

    SP
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover on your copy of What Alice Forgot. Your cozies are reaching out to grab me...hope you enjoy While We Were Watching Downton Abbey.

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love book tours, but I use to overdo it and go a little reading crazy too! Looks like your getting through it all great though! And it looks like some fun books in the mail too! Cozies are sometimes a nice distraction from what I normally read!

    Have a great week!
    Suzanne (Chick with Books)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I have been reading more, over 100 books/year, since I have started doing book tours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just reading whatever comes along at the moment, although my reading time seems to have decreased with holiday break being over. Funny how that is. :(

    Your new cozies look fun, have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your reading! Participating in book tours makes me complete my reading by a certain date. I am about to finish Short Leash :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in a frenzy, too and it's my own fault for getting distracted in December. lol Slowly getting out from under the pile though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like some fun reading. Looking forward to see what you think of the Downtown Abbey and Paris titles!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting question about book tours and reading faster. Time is my big enemy and sadly I could not put more of it into reading without running into problems elsewhere. I already do not get enough sleep partially due to my reading. More too read would mean more pressure and thus reading might become unpleasant.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...