Apr 7, 2014

First Chapter: Death on Eat Street by J.J. Cook

First Chapter, First Paragraph is a weekly meme hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea.
Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Miz B; choose two teaser sentences from a random page of your current read.
Title: Death on Eat Street: A Biscuit Bowl Food Truck Mystery by J.J. Cook
Published April 1, 2014; Berkley
Genre: cozy mystery

First paragraph:
It had been the worst day of my life.
I parked my Biscuit Bowl food truck beside the diner and closed my eyes as I rested my head on the steering wheel. Outside,the fiberglass biscuit on top of the food truck stopped twirling.
How could so much go wrong in one day?
Book description: Zoe Chase always wanted to own her own restaurant—but first, she’ll have to serve up a heaping helping of meals on wheels, with a side of mystery… (goodreads)

Based on the opening paragraph, would you keep reading this cozy?

See my brief review/comments on goodreads.

13 comments:

  1. That opening paragraph is really funny, clever and has a certain sense of charm. I would definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fun one. enjoy and thank you for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for cozies! They are winning the day this week. I'd *definitely* keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover! I don't read many cozies, but I'd probably keep reading this one.
    Today I'm spotlighting 'Second Star' by Alyssa Scheinmel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to fit in some cozies every once in a while. And it's the first in a new series, you can't beat that. Thanks for sharing this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one. I'm trying to win it from Bookin' Bingo.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure this book is for me, but I love the food truck angle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the title, the cover and the inter. Cant go wrong on this one :)My post is here

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sold when I saw the book's cover and then the title. Great start to the book too. I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of a food truck cozy mystery! the opening is good and I'd read more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm curious and I would keep reading

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...