Aug 6, 2015

Murder on the Horizon by M.L. Rowland: Book Feature

Murder on the Horizon: A Search and Rescue Mystery by M.L. Rowland, published August 4, 2015; Berkley

I have read and enjoyed this author of the mystery series. They are full of suspenseful mystery action, but I did find the first, Zero Degree Murder, quite violent and the murders in this third novel, Murder on the Horizon, were so off-putting for me that I didn't finish the book. 

The best read for me, so far, was Murder Off the Beaten Path, the second in the series. 
The series does have a mountain setting, however, that makes the search and rescue operations interesting to read.

Book opening:
Prologue
 "Damn, that's a lot of blood," a man said, voice echoing in the large room. "What the hell d'you expect?" a second man said. "Go get a bucket."
Book description: As a volunteer for Timber Creek Search and Rescue in the mountains of Southern California, Gracie Kinkaid responds to a call out for a car that’s gone over the side of a treacherous mountain road. 

The crash proves to be one in an escalating and deadly series of events that lead her right back to Camp Ponderosa, a church-owned camp where she works as Program Director. As Gracie probes more deeply into the dark secrets at the camp, she unearths a hidden world of illegal activities, including murder…and finds herself going head-to-head with desperate perpetrators. (goodreads)

A review copy of  the book was provided by the publisher.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've enjoyed the book in this series, Harvee. I've been reading but have not had much time to post on my blog this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first book in this series. I need to catch up and read the next two. I have both of them waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten a bit squeamish myself about graphic violence so I understand about you not wanting to finish this book.

    It is too bad how that got in the way as per your description, the novels are well written.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...