Mar 4, 2017

Sunday Salon: Thriller, Fiction, Literary Fiction

I have finished several library books: The Other Einstein, The Orphan's Tale, and I See You. My new reading includes Cooking for Picasso, The Day I Died  and Big Breasts and Wide Hips, Previous posts will show the covers and details of the books.

I have started a novel on the history of blues in Chicago, Windy City Blues, and almost finished a quirky novel, The Wangs vs. the World, but misplaced my copy just when I'm so close to finishing!

Three paperback arrivals.
A Certain Age by Beatriz Williams, a book of romance and scandal in the Roaring Twenties of New York.
Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones, a coming-of-age story of an lunlusual boy, an outsider.
Wilde Lake by Laura Lippman, a modern day twist of To Kill a Mockingbird.

I am finally reading more e-books from the library, using Overdrive to order online. There are several queued for me so I'll get them when they become available. Suits me fine as I can hardly read too many at one time!

On a sunny but cold day in Ohio, Cooking for Picasso, a novel by Camille Aubray, is wonderful company and hits the spot. The book is set in Picasso's heyday in the sunny, blue Mediterranean, on the Cote d'Azur.
Cooking for Picasso
What are you reading this March?
Welcome to the Sunday Salon where bloggers share their reading each week. Visit The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also visit It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Book Date

15 comments:

  1. These books are tempting, Harvee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second post I've read about "THe Orphan's Tale" in the past 24 hours... I think the world is trying to tell me something. "Cooking for Picasso" also looks like my kind of book. It's funny you say you're in Ohio...The blog that posted right before you on the Sunday Post mentioned that she is too, and I am in Loveland - outside of Cicncy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I requested Picasso and it arrived yesterday. It sounds quite promising.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/03/dr-seuss-is-on-loose-at-stevenson.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Wilde Lake...in fact, I need another book from this author! I hope she's bringing out another one soon.

    A Certain Age is one I've been ogling.

    Thanks for sharing...and enjoy. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're reading some great books! I liked The Wicked City form Beatriz Williams but have not read A Certain Age. I really want to read The Orphan's Tale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Certain Age sounds promising and so does a little time on the Mediterranean with Picasso. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow look at all the pretties up there. Beatriz Williams books look so good

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Wangs vs. the World is one I'm hoping to read at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Certain Age looks great. I hope you find your book really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no on misplacing your book...that has to be awful.

    Nice books in your mailbox. I have read A CERTAIN AGE and WILDE LAKE. I hope you like them...I enjoyed both of them.

    Loved THE ORPHAN'S TALE. I SEE YOU didn't get good for me until the last 100 pages, but the suspense was worth the wait. :)

    Have a great reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you find the misplaced book. Mongrels seems very interesting. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a copy of cooking for Picasso. Sounds charming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always enjoy Beatriz William's books. Hope it is a great read for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many of these books look good.

    Windy City Blues sounds particularly impressive.

    I am impressed that you can read so many books at one time Harvee. I tend to stick to two. I hope that you find your misplaced book.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...