Mar 25, 2017

Sunday Salon: Current Reads

Finished this week:

The Rules Do Not Apply by Ariel Levy, a memoir, May 14, 2017. Kindle edition.
My thoughts: 
The plight of the modern woman is outlined in this memoir: what happens or could happen when you want it all - all of life, together, at the same time, without necessarily making the sacrifices and trade-offs required for more predictable, stable outcomes. Revealing, honest.

Still reading: 

I Shot the Buddha by Colin Cotterill,
The Light in the Ruins by Chris Bohjalian
Death at Breakfast by Beth Gutcheon.


New book on the shelf:

Mangrove Lightning by Randy Wayne Wright, Doc Ford Mystery #24, March 21, 2017, Putnam Sons
The ghosts of a 1925 multiple murder stalk Doc Ford in a new novel in the New York Times-bestselling series.Setting: Key Largo to Tallahassee
The Night the Lights Went Out by Karen White, April 11, 2017, Berkley
...a young single mother discovers that the nature of friendship is never what it seems..


The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green, June 6, 2017, Berkley.
... a mother asks her three estranged daughters to come home to help her end her life.

Ebooks on loan from the library have dropped into my Kindle:

The Nest by 

The Dressmaker's Dowry by Meredith Jaeger
What are you reading this week?
Visit The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also visit It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by Book Date Also visit Mailbox Monday.

13 comments:

  1. The Rules Do Not Apply looks interesting! Enjoy your books, They look good! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope The Rules Do Not Apply is coming here. I think I'll take a look. Thank you.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/03/childhood-poverty.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want The Rules Do Not Apply...and I loved The Nest and Death at Breakfast.

    I want to read more from Bohjalian.

    Enjoy! Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a thoughtful memoir. I'm off to check your Book Beginning for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read a few books by Randy Wayne White and enjoyed them but it's been awhile. I'll have to add The Rules Do Not Apply and The Light in the Ruins to my TBR. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the looks of Mangrove Lightning. A mystery plus a Florida setting- sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I listened to The Rules Do Not Apply and enjoyed it. The Night the Lights Went Out looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Night The Lights Went Out looks good. Enjoy reading this week!


    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking assortment of books. I'm working my way through the April releases on my review stack. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to start THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT. Love Karen White's books.

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really liked The Night the Lights Went Out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed The Nest. Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...