Jan 19, 2018

Twelve Angry Librarians by Miranda James

Twelve Angry Librarians is the eighth in the Cat in the Stacks series, by Miranda James
Published February 21, 2018, Berkley
Genre: cozy mystery
Charlie and Diesel must find a killer in a room full of librarians... 
Light-hearted librarian Charlie Harris is known around his hometown of Athena, Mississippi, for walking his cat, a rescued Maine Coon named Diesel. 

Book beginning:
"But I don't want to do it."
I glared at my administrative assistant and longtime friend, Melba Gilley. "You know how much I hate public speaking. Why can't Forrest Wyatt do it? College presidents do this kind of thing all the time."

Page 56:
"I grant you he's a colossal annoyance most of the time," I said. "But what has he done that would make someone see killing him as a solution?"

A room full of librarians would certainly prevent me from doing many things, not to mention commit a murder. Who would be so daring? The premise of the mystery is certainly an intriguing one. And having a Maine Coon cat as an assistant sleuth is an added intriguing entertainment in this cozy. 

Memes: The Friday 56. Grab a book, turn to page 56 or 56% of your eReader. Find any sentence that grabs you. Post it, and add your URL post in Linky at Freda's Voice. Also visit Book Beginning at Rose City Reader

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, someone else had this one, too...I love the look and sound of it. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “PROMISE NOT TO TELL”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this one too! I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I've been to meetings with a bunch of librarians. There have been times when we were all angry. Ha! My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a fun, clever cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not read this, but it sounds like one that would especially be popular with librarians!

    Love the sound of this.

    Here is mine: http://bit.ly/2FWhfMQ

    I forgot to leave my link earlier. Oops!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second time I've seen this book today. It looks great! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the title and the cover! Sounds like a fun mystery. Have a great weekend!

    Jo-Ann at Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two people reading the same book this week! Thanks for sharing the opening on Book Beginnings. I don't often get time to comment, but I appreciate everyone's participation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm going to add this to my tbr right now! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...