Jun 28, 2019

Thriller: The Heart Keeper by Alex Dahl

Memes: The Friday 56. Grab a book, turn to page 56 or 56% of your eReader. Find any sentence that grabs you. Post it, and add your URL post in Linky at Freda's Voice. Also visit Book Beginning at Rose City Reader
The Heart Keeper
The Heart Keeper

The Heart Keeper by Alex Dahl, July 16, 2019, Berkley

Genre: thriller
Themes: heart transplant, obsession, mothers and daughters

Book beginning:

ALISON 
I wake all the time; that is, if I sleep at all. The alarm clock projects the time onto the wall on Sindre's side of the bed and I lie staring at the pulsating dots separating the numbers. It's just after two o'clock in the morning and Sindre isn't here. He was here when I fell asleep. At least I think he was. I pull my hand out from underneath the warm duvet and stroke the cool, empty space where my husband should be. 
A few nights ago, the same thing happened....
Page 56:
ISELIN
I get up because I can't fall asleep in case the school rings, which I think they probably will - Kaia isn't used to being away from me, or to be around other children. 
I can't wait to read this new book. What do you think? 

6 comments:

  1. That opening is definitely a grabber! Now I'm wondering why everyone is having so much trouble sleeping. This is a new author for me and I'm intrigued. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is her husband going in the night? This book has me intrigued. My Friday quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so intrigued, sounds like a wicked read. I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the snippets. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't sure where the heart came in, so I went to read more about it. Oh my! It might be a bit intense for me. Hope it doesn't keep you up at night like the characters...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book has to do with a heart transplant, thus two mothers and two daughters, one a donor.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Magic, High Fantasy, Historical Fiction: the Poppy War Trilogy

  Mailbox Another book came in the mail, thanks to Wiley Saickek Publicity. A Fondness for Truth: A Linder and  Donatellli Mystery   by Swis...