Feb 23, 2021

First Chapter: A Death in the Family by Tessa Wegert

 First Chapter/First paragraph/Tuesday Intros is hosted by Yvonne@ Socrates Book ReviewsPost the first paragraph (or 2) of a book you are reading or plan to read soon.


Death in the Family by Tessa Wegert, February 2020, Berkley

Genre: thriller

Setting: Thousand Islands region, upstate New York

A storm-struck island. A blood-soaked bed. A missing man. Senior Investigator Shana Merchant believes it all adds up to a killer in their midst—and that murder is a family affair.

First paragraph, chapter one

"Murder," I repeated, the word clumsy on my tongue. The last time I spoke it, I was in another world.

Tim rocked his office chair, testing the bounce on springs sticky with dust, and raised his empty coffee mug. "Murder on an island," he said. "If it didn't make me a heartless creep, I'd call this your lucky day, Shane. 

Would you read on?

I will not be reading this thriller till mid-April, as I have other books: nonfiction, literary fiction, and contemporary fiction I'll be reading  till then! 

6 comments:

  1. That intro leaves me with lots of questions for sure. Hope this is a good one.

    Heres mine:
    https://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2021/02/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait. Didn't you say you were setting aside thrillers for a while?!

    Just kidding. You go ahead and read anything you like. And if you are in the mood for a good story, this sounds promising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd keep reading! I love a good thriller and that it takes place on an island is a big bonus for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb Nance, I chose this book for the meme but I'm not reading it...yet. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds exactly like a book I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the most part, I enjoyed this one when I read it. There was one aspect I got a little tired of, but that was probably just me.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Magic, High Fantasy, Historical Fiction: the Poppy War Trilogy

  Mailbox Another book came in the mail, thanks to Wiley Saickek Publicity. A Fondness for Truth: A Linder and  Donatellli Mystery   by Swis...