Feb 7, 2021

Sunday Salon: The Searcher by Tana French

 New thriller I'm currently reading:




The Searcher by Tana French, October 6, 2020, Viking

Setting: Ireland

Genre: thriller, mystery

Source: library ebook

A retired Chicago cop decides to live in Ireland, where he thinks there is little or no crime, but soon gets caught up in his little village's rural life. He is persuaded by a young teen to search for the teen's missing brother. and there are two unexplained violent attacks on a sheep of two different farmers. These situations are interesting enough to pull him back into detective mode, albeit on his own and not officially. 

I'm looking forward to see what he uncovers. 

Other news: 

It has been snowing in earnest, although we have gotten only about 4 inches so far, but we have an arctic freeze this weekend and into next week. The temps are in the teens right now and we have another incentive besides self-isolation from the virus to stay in. So, I can get some more reading in!

I've been having fun posting pictures of the various winter socks I'm wearing to keep warm even indoors! 

What are you reading this week? 

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday Salon


16 comments:

  1. I'd like to get some cold cold weather here for a change. The story sounds like Midsomer Murders - idyllic rural retreat and plenty of murders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had a mild winter, and my garden is filled with kale and tomatoes and carrots. We've also had lots of birds at my feeder. I'm glad for all of this; it keeps me entertained during this isolated time.

    The book sounds like a book my husband would like. He's crazy about mysteries. I never figure them out. I don't think I have a mystery-solving sort of brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see some snow this weekend/into the next week but despite half the country being covered in the stuff, my area has had nothing. :(

    I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a copy of this one and hope to get to it soon (we know how that goes sometimes though). It's 29 degrees here and snow is to start soon. Warm socks are the best, my feet are so cold at night I may have to start sleeping with socks. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had tons of snow here too, and this morning when we got up it was below 0. Brrrr!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cold & snowy here too! Tana French is an author I've wanted to try for a while. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep meaning to read Tana French. I have her first book, and still haven't read it. Sigh.

    Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay warm! I think I listened to, but didn't finish listening to, that book on audio. Maybe I will give it another try, I do love mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Searcher looks like a good book! I'll have to see if my library carries it. Looking forward to seeing your review when you finish! :)
    Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The snow missed us but the cold didn't. I'm looking at this as a reading opportunity. The Searcher sounds good. I'll be eager to see some reviews. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. After a few moderately warm days, we're back to snow and cold. A good time to stay home and read ^^ I've read two novels by Tana French and she's a very good storyteller - even made me believe the unbelievable once, just for the sake of the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad snow is a rarity here; hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Tana French's books, but I listen to them all on audio, just for the accents! The Searcher has really stayed with me. It was different from her Dublin Squad usual, but I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been thinking of trying this author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really liked The Searcher, I hope you do too

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds really good. It's been a long time since I read this author.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Voices of the Old and the New: Corky Lee and Julia Alvarez

  NEW RELEASES Corky Lee's Asian America Fifty Years of Photographic Justice by  Corky Lee Publication April 9, 2024; Clarkson Potter/Te...