May 5, 2021

This Is How I Save My Life by Amy B. Scher: First Chapter, First Paragraph

 

This is How I Save My Life: A True Story of Finding Everything When You are Willing to Try Anything

This Is How I Save My Life by Amy B. Scher, April 10, 2018, Gallery Books


Genre: Memoir. A woman  travels from California to India in search of a life saving medical procedure to cure her Lyme disease.

From my Goodreads review: A true story on finding one's true self after agonizing illness and pain that could have been less dramatic, if only.... In India, Amy Scher, suffering from advanced Lyme disease, finds out that she has the power to heal herself, while undergoing embryonic stem cell treatment in India. 

First chapter, first paragraph:

 GUTS
December 2007

WELCOME TO DELHI  INDIA - IF YOU DONT PAY ATTENTION, YOU MIGHT LOSE A LIMB. 
A sign with these words are not posted anywhere on our arrival, but it should be. 

I could have also used a sign that offered, GOOD LUCK ! or equally appropriate, one that said, HAVE YOU LOST YOUR ACTUAL MIND? In fact, the signs I need at my first point of entry into the country, are endless. 

 
First Chapter/First paragraph/Tuesday Intros is hosted by Yvonne@ Socrates Book ReviewsPost the first paragraph (or 2) of a book you are reading or plan to read soon.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an intriguing book, Harvee. The cover is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting. I don't usually read true stories, but it does sound good.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...