Aug 7, 2021

Sunday Salon: Tuscan, French, and Tahoe Mysteries

 Haven't been to the library lately, but welcomed a new book to my home which I'd already read, although I was glad to get the finished copy from Soho Crime.  

The Bitter Taste of MurderA Tuscan Mystery by Camilla Trinchieri, August 10, 2021, Soho Crime

My Goodreads comments: An entertaining mystery with lots of Italian food to add spice and interest. Throw in some romance, engaging characters, and you have an absorbing police procedural mystery set in rural Tuscany.

Other reading: 

I dug out my Kindle Paperwhite from among the books where I had left it unused, recharged it, and am enjoying reading on it a French mystery, Rien ne T'efface by Michel Bussi. 

The Paperwhite has a built-in French-English dictionary that is super useful for this intermediate language reader who loves mysteries written in French. This is Bussi's most recent novel; I have his previous one waiting on my ereader! 


Rien Ne T'efface by Michel Bussi, February 4, 2021, Presses de la Cite. Besides being a professor of geography in Normandy, Bussi is a best selling mystery writer in France. 

About the book: Maddi's  ten-year-old son Esteban disappeared on a beach in the Basque coast of France, and when she spies another boy, Tom, 10 years later, she feels as if it's her son Esteban. Tom is, however, the same age as Esteban when he disappeared, and that was ten years ago. So how could it be the same boy, because of the difference the boys would have in their ages? Maddi, a medical doctor no less, follows Tom and his mother to their home town, wanting to be near the boy. 

What will happen next? I am reading on.....


Also to be read: 


Tahoe Jade by Todd Borg, Aug. 1, 2021, Kindle Unlimited

This is the latest in the Tahoe mystery series featuring Owen McKenna, a detective living in the Lake Tahoe area. Owen has his Harlequin Great Dane, Spot, as his back up and helper in the business of solving crimes. 

About: An attempted murder, a murder, and a disappearance has McKenna on the job. The discovery of a long-lost letter from President Lincoln to the new governor of California is involved in the case somehow, and complicates McKenna's attempts to solve the murder and disappearance. 

What are you reading this week?

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated Bookreviewer. Also,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday Salon


12 comments:

  1. I love the look of that first one. The food doesn't hurt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be fairly proficient to read in another language. Such a nice thing to be able to read in more than one language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Italian food and a mystery. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Tuscan Mystery sounds really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I borrow my e-books from the library using Overdrive app.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harvee, when I saw you mention Michel Bussi, I realized I knew that name, he has a new book coming out called The Double Mother on my TBR for this month or next. It will be released soon - Europa Editions. How cool to red in French.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, I've read this one in French a couple times. Glad to hear it's coming out in English! You might also like his Black Water Lilies, set near Monet's garden in Givenchy. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25477904-maman-a-tort

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did I hear you say the Bitter Taste of Murder features Italian food? You don't have to tell me twice. Sounds great.

    I love it that you are reading a big book in French. I have three picture books I planned to read in French during July. So far, I've read two of them. It takes me longer to do that than I thought.

    Thanks for mentioning the Paperwhite. I often think about getting one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Bitter Taste of Murder looks tempting. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Bitter Taste of Murder sounds good.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  11. These books all sound good. I read almost exclusively on my Kindle these days. I like being able to highlight passages. My keeper copies these days tend to be Kindle books. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. After reading Cathy's (Kittling Books) review of Tahoe Jade, I got the first book in the series and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Magic, High Fantasy, Historical Fiction: the Poppy War Trilogy

  Mailbox Another book came in the mail, thanks to Wiley Saickek Publicity. A Fondness for Truth: A Linder and  Donatellli Mystery   by Swis...