Jul 23, 2022

Sunday Salon: Touch by Olaf Olafsson

 

Touch

Expected publication: August 16th 2022 by Ecco Press
Source: NetGalley
About: A mesmerizing, panoramic story of one man's search to find a lover who suddenly disappeared decades before.

When the pandemic hits, Kristofer is forced to shutter his successful restaurant in Reykjavik, sending him into a spiral of uncertainty, even as his memory seems to be failing. 
But an uncanny bolt from the blue--a message from Miko Nakamura, a woman whom he'd known in the sixties when they were students in London--both inspires and rattles him, as he is drawn inexorably back into a love story that has marked him for life. (publisher)

My reviewI was delighted to read a domestic drama/romance that is more serious than a light rom com and ends, nevertheless, on a happy and hopeful note. The sensitivity of the main characters is essential to this novel as it pulls you into a story of the love between two people from very different backgrounds, of a love lost, and a mystery that ends with surprises.

An enjoyable read about a relationship that spans the years between youth and old age.

Now reading:

Genre: psych thriller
Published June 24th, 2022 by Bookouture

About: When a dream trip becomes your worst nightmare…

You’ve been excited about this getaway for months – at last, a chance to reconnect with your husband at a secluded island resort. But when he unexpectedly calls you from the beach, you hear the urgency in his voice. Something is very wrong.

What are you reading this week? 


Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated BookreviewerAlso,  It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday SalonStacking the ShelvesMailbox Monday

32 comments:

  1. Looks like (2) very good and new to me stories Harvee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Touch is very good, and I've just started The Resort, hoping it will be entertaining!

      Delete
  2. I'm drawn to stories that end on a happy and hopeful note. For the last few years, life has not been that happy or hopeful, and I think I need to see a little of those things, even if I am simply reading fiction.

    Psych thrillers are very popular right now, and I think it's because people are, in addition to looking for stories that end on a happy and hopeful note, looking for a bit of escape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we read for escape as well as for the characters that speak to us in real life.

      Delete
  3. Considering its size, Iceland seems to produce a lot of rather interesting literature. One of my next reading choices is an Icelandic mystery, third in a series. (Author: Eva Björg Ægisdóttir). Then I'm going to Iceland.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both sound wonderful. I'm mostly intrigued by Touch as I do enjoy a family drama romance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been surprised how much I like novels set in the pandemic. Touch sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I see a few recent books mentioning the pandemic, but not too many as yet.

      Delete
  6. Touch sounds like a great story. And I do love reading books set in Iceland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these sound like great stories! I really enjoy the stories involving lost loves... and as you say, it's nice to read a romance that's not always a rom com. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really nice- I always like stories like that, where people find each other again after many years or have a happy reunion. And The Resort sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been listening to a true crime podcast lately, so when I read "one man's search to find a lover who suddenly disappeared decades before," I automatically thought it was a cold case book, whether fiction or not! :-) I'm glad it was ultimately happy.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turned out it was a family drama that separated the couple, and happily not a cold case at all. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  10. The Resort looks really good. I'm going to check it out right now. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the middle of reading it and enjoying it.

      Delete
  11. The resort has such a compelling synopsis. Looks great!
    Hope you have an awesome week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, The Resort has caught my attention. Enjoy. -vvb at vvb32 reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both books sound good to me. I'm especially intrigued by "Touch"; it has an interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Resort looks really good, I hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both books sound good, adding them to my list. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these sound great. I need a new summer read to end out this beautiful summer. Thanks for the suggestions. Have a great week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Magic, High Fantasy, Historical Fiction: the Poppy War Trilogy

  Mailbox Another book came in the mail, thanks to Wiley Saickek Publicity. A Fondness for Truth: A Linder and  Donatellli Mystery   by Swis...