Feb 24, 2024

Sunday Salon: A Domestic Thriller, and K-Dramas

 Currently reading


Publication: May 7, 2024; Harper Perennial and Paperbacks, NetGalley

Genre: domestic thriller, romance


I'm enjoying this one as a lighter thriller/romance novel.

Description:

Bestselling romance author Sarina Bowen’s debut thriller, about one woman’s search for the truth after receiving a text from her deceased ex, Drew,  asking her to meet him under their special tree. Seeing Drew’s name pop up five years after his death is heart-stopping. Ariel’s gut says it can’t be real. But she goes to the tree anyway. She has to.

Nobody shows.... Only two things are clear: everything she was told five years ago is wrong, and someone is still lying to her. 

The truth has to be out there somewhere. To safeguard herself—and her son—she’ll have to find it before it finds her. And with it, the answer to what became of Drew. 


Watching TV

I started binge watching Korean dramas on NetFlix after seeing Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, a romance comedy series that takes place in a small seaside town in Korea between a new dentist and the hometown man who runs the village.  The cha-cha-cha title grabbed my attention. I found this online: 

Netflix photo

Wikipedia: Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha series was a commercial hit and became one of the highest-rated dramas in Korean cable television history.[10][11] It ranked first place during its entire run for eight weeks, and the last episode achieved 12.665% nationwide rating, with over 3.2 million views.[12] It also became one of Netflix's most-watched non-English television shows, and one of its longest-running hits as it spent 16 weeks in global top ten rankings.[13 (from Wikipedia)

I like the plots, characters, and the cultural information given by the dramas I've seen so far. Many of the shows have colorful, humorous characters to balance out any tragedies. And I am really impressed by the screen writing as well as the actors and screen production. I don't mind reading the subtitles although Netflix allows the English dubbed version also. I'm on my seventh drama, I think, and still going.....This means I've been reading fewer books!


What are you reading/watching these days? 

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated BookreviewerAlso, It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday SalonStacking the ShelvesMailbox Monday

12 comments:

  1. Presently reading 'Spitfire Women of World War II' by Giles Whittell. Next will be 'The Blackpool Highflyer' by Andrew Martin. Presently watching 'Reacher' Series 2 on Amazon Prime and 1960's Dr Who on BBC iPlayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading All for Anna by Nicole Deese. We are watching an older season of Chopped. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, The Five Year Lie sounds interesting! Hope you keep enjoying it.

    My weekly roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always hear a lot about K-dramas, but I really haven't heard a lot of information about them. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this series.

    I like the sound of your thriller. Compelling beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can start watching K dramas with Hometown Cha Cha Cha or even better, a K drama classic in my opinion - Crash Landing on You.

      Delete
  5. I like Sarina Bowen, but I've only read her romances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those romances look pretty intense, from the covers.

      Delete
  6. Interesting about this TV series being so popular in Korea. I just saw the movie Past Lives about two Korean childhood friends and liked it quite a bit. Poignant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look for Past Lives after the two I'm currently watching.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: Cozy and Less Cozy Mysteries

  Cozy Mystery I rarely read cozies these days, except for a few like Laura Childs' Tea Shop Mysteries. This latest is the 28th in the p...