Apr 28, 2024

Sunday Salon: Quick Trip

 I’m visiting relatives in Toronto and am also reading The Other Passenger by J. E. Downey. A new book from NetGalley, publication May 31, 2024.. 


Description:
 On the run from their pasts, a man and a woman are forced together by the weather and by necessity. When a radio news broadcast reports that a body has been found further back along the road on which they are travelling, tensions rise and it’s only so long before the truth must come out. But the truth is never quite what you imagine.

Hope you are all enjoying spring or whichever weather zone you are in. I’m loving the good food here that I can’t get back home, namely dim sum with all the varieties, Jamaican patties, and sticky rice with roast pork and mushrooms. 

And of course seeing relatives again. 

What are you reading/watching this week? 

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated BookreviewerAlso, It's Monday: What Are You Readingand Sunday SalonStacking the ShelvesMailbox Monday

10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are eating well! I hope you are taking photos and will share those with us when you return.

    I'm also interested in hearing more about the book you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received The Other Passenger from NetGalley, but haven't started it yet. I'm almost finished with The Cure for Women from NG and have absolutely loved the history of women in medicine, their fight for admission to medical schools, and their efforts to improve education for women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy Toronto! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dim Sum....our local closed. I really want to go now that you've mentioned it. Been ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of The Other Passenger! Enjoy your trip - especially the dim sum. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading One Last Shot by Susan May Warren. Hope you have a great week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drooling over Jamaican patties, and sticky rice with roast pork and mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: What I'm Reading and Watching

  What I'm Reading Happy Mother's Day!  There are lots of concerned mothers in this book that I'm now reading The Lost Boy of Sa...