Jul 13, 2024

Sunday Salon: Short Stories and a Love Story

 I have read and liked many of Elly Griffiths' mystery novels set in the north of England, so NetGalley offered me this read. Looking forward to it. 


The Man in Black: Stories by Elly Griffiths

June 18, 2024; Mariner Books, NetGalley

Description:

An eclectic, thrilling collection of short stories, featuring many characters that readers have come to know and love from her mystery books featuring her main character, forensic archaeologist and university lecturer, Ruth Galloway.




I liked the clear lines of this book cover and the simple yet intriguing title, Lines, a novel by a young Asian American writer, Sung J. Woo, to be published October 29, 2024. The book is described as a "star-crossed" love story set in New York City. It promises to be tragic. I'm curious. 

Another of his books, Everything Asian is an earlier book about a 12-year-old Korean boy moving with his mother and teenage sister to the U.S. to join his father, and adapting to life in New Jersey. 


WHAT ARE YOU READING/WATCHING THIS WEEK?  

Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated BookreviewerAlso, It's Monday: What Are You Reading, Sunday Salon, and Stacking the Shelves 

20 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by Lines and its star-crossed love story. I've only read one Elly Griffiths mystery, but it was very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've so enjoyed visiting your blog today--I knew nothing about Elly Griffiths' stories, so will keep my eye out. Very interested in all of your other titles discussed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only ever read a short story by Ellie Griffiths, but want to read more!
    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/07/13/stacking-the-shelves-library-loot-25/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover for Lines too! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Griffiths but passed on the book - I don't enjoy short story collections.
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plot synopsis for Lines is very intriguing. I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

    There's something about the way the letters of the title lie on the cover that interests me in the Griffiths books. It hints at a bit of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read quite a few Elly Griffith books but haven't completed the series yet. I'd like to read the one you just got.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am curious about Lines. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of these two book but they both sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for a another book from an author you enjoy! I hope this one is enjoyable as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these books sound great. Hope you have a nice week.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2024/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-july-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. A "Thrilling collection of short stories?" I am adding it to my TBR just so I can circle back and see if I want to read it in the future. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything Asian sounds good! Enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Elly Griffiths short stories sound like fun. I like her Ruth Galloway mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I binged on the Ruth Galloway books by Elly Griffiths. I'll have to look for the short story collection too. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am going to have to check out the Elly Griffiths series--I love the north of England and am always on the lookout for fiction set there. And, you had me at forensic archeology!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Star crossed love stories are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll have to look for the Elly Griffiths book. I enjoy short stories and have enjoyed books by her. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read the first Elly Griffiths book with a mystery book club, but that was years ago. I thought it was really good, but I just don't read enough mysteries to keep up with all the different series! The cover and description of Lines intrigue me, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Han Kang: Nobel Prize in Literature 2024: The Vegetarian and Other Works

  The Nobel Prize in Literature 2024 is awarded to South Korean author  Han Kang   "for her intense poetic prose that confronts histori...