Here is Cocooning Book List No. 2.
This one has pet/animal/veterinarian themes.
1. Tortoise Soup, Jessica Speart, wildlife mystery
2. Murder with Peacocks, Donna Andrews (recommend this one as a very funny book).
3. Stud Rites, Susan Conant, malamute owner.
4. Hush Puppy, Lauren Berenson, owner of standard poodles
5. Ten Little Bloodhounds, by the late Virginia Lanier, bloodhounds used in detecting. (Highly recommended series)
6. Murder Most Beastly, Melissa Cleary
7. Curiousity Killed the Cat Sitter, Blaize Clement, petsitter mystery
8. Meow is for Murder, Linda O. Johnson
9. Putting on the Dog, Cynthia Baxter, veterinary mystery
10. Murder on the Iditarod Trail, Sue Henry, Alaskan dog musher mystery
11. The Anteater of Death, Betty Web, a Gunn Zoo zookeeper mystery.
12. Whiskey on the Rocks, Nina Wright, Aghan hound owner
13. Cat mysteries by Carole Nelson, Rita Mae Brown, Garrison Allen, Lillian Jackson Braun, and Shirley Rousseau Murphy. (Some of these authors write about very cute talking cats).
Somehow I can't get excited about cats that talk. Dog writers don't have their pets conversing in human as cat writers do. Maybe that's because dogs are natural, super nonverbal communicators.